Due to lack of time (school and stuff), I'm not reviewing anybody this week. There is 2,000 words of info in here anyway.
Here are some more updates:
- Chris Warren III, 96 rated ATH, stated on Twitter that he enjoyed his visit to Lubbock. He will visit Washington this weekend, then decide on National Signing Day.
- Corey Dauphine, 94 rated RB, went up in the ranking again. He went from an unranked 1st commit to our 2nd highest rated commit. Dauphine could be a great play makers for Tech. He visited last weekend and appeared to love his visit. He also celebrated his birthday while he was there.
- Madison Akamnonu, 93 rated OT, loved his visit to Texas Tech over the weekend. He's always tweeting about Tech and appears to be 100% committed. He called Lubbock his future city and took a picture in a uniform with Coach Morris. Here's an interview he did with 247sports while visiting Lubbock. Appears to be a talented, bright man with a lot of potential and confidence.
- Semisi Uluave, 91 rated OT, surprisingly canceled his visit to UCLA, which is considering to be the favorite. I'm not sure why he didn't visit UCLA, but that's a good sign for Tech. He's a big fish that Tech could land within the next 10 days.
- Kevin Thomas, 87 rated WR, didn't visit the Red Raiders as planned and visited SMU. He would commit after his visit to the Mustangs. He is teammates with commit Tristen Wallace.
- Jonathan Giles, 86 rated ATH, appeared to love his visit to Tech. He has a new nickname (Frosted Flakes), beat a coach in Madden (and Mahomes in NCAA) and took a picture with the coaches and at the stadium with his fellow commits. He committed a couple days after his Tech offer and appears to be solid with Tech.
- Broderick Washington, 85 rated DT, visited Texas Tech this weekend and appeared to like his visit. He committed to Tech about 30 minutes after Texas Tech offered.
- Darryl Godfrey, 84 rated S, recommitted to UTSA after just decommiting a couple weeks ago. He is no longer visiting Texas Tech this weekend.
- Kavontae Turpin, 84 rated WR, committed to TCU after his visit last weekend. It appears now that Tech won't get a visit from Turpin.
- Dorance Armstrong, 84 rated DE, received an offer from Texas Tech shortly after commmitting to Kansas. I'm not sure if Tech came in too late or if Armstrong is interested in the Red Raiders.
- Darreon Jackson, 83 rated DB, decommitted from Texas Tech on Monday, shortly after his visit. He did feel a connection with the players and felt it was best to go elsewhere.
- Trace Ellison, 83 rated OT, appeared to enjoy his visit to Texas Tech this weekend. He also tweeted he happy with his decision. He's likely to sign with Texas Tech come National Signing Day.
- Arico Evans, 83 rated ATH, committed to TCU after visiting the Horned Frogs this weekend. He visited Tech last weekend, but it appears that Evans has decided TCU was the place for him.
- D'Vonta Hinton, 82 rated LB, visited Tech last weekend and appeared to enjoy his visit. He also got an awesome Double T design on his head earlier this week.
- D'Erren Wilson, 82 rated WR, committed to USF after his visit this weekend. Tech hadn't offered Wilson yet and was planning to host him next weekend.
- Riley Daniel, 81 rated OT, committed to Baylor after his official visit to Waco this past weekend. Tech was the favorite at one point, but it appears Baylor has won out for Daniel.
- Tyrell Thompson, 80 rated DE, will visit Texas Tech this weekend. He committed under David Gibbs while at Houston and could flip to Tech if an offer is extended.
- Cody Wheeler, 78 rated OT, committed to Texas Tech right after he offered Tuesday night. He parents went to Texas Tech and told Scout two weekends ago that he would commit to Tech if they were to offer. He also visited Texas Tech his weekend (for the first time in 5 years) and liked his visit.
- Lonzell Gilmore, 78 rated DE, ended up visiting Baylor last weekend and enjoyed his visit. He could potentially flip to the Bears. He's a name to watch out for.
- Evan McHugh, NR 2015 TE, will unofficially visit Texas Tech this weekend. He doesn't have a Tech offer and is looking to possibly join the team as a preferred walk-on. He's from Lubbock Cooper.
- Tyler Horton, 75 rated CB, stated via Twitter that Texas Tech has shown interest in him. Tech has not offered, and it appears that Boise State and Washington State are in the lead (according to 247sports).
- Jack Anderson, 90 rated 2017 C, said he will visit Texas Tech on February 28th for the first day of Spring Ball. He's someone that could commit at anytime.
- Darrion Green, NR 2017 ATH, has received interest from Texas Tech as of late and will visit Lubbock on the 28th as well. I really like what Darrion can bring the gridiron. Here's his film if you haven't seem it yet.
- Eno Benjamin, NR 2017 RB, will also visit Texas Tech the weekend of the 28th. Tech has already a good list of visitors for that weekend.
- Dontavious Jackson, 94 rated ILB, said via Twitter that Texas Tech had some of the best fan support he's seen. Tech is looking at a lot of Linebackers for the 2016 class, including Jackson
- Jhakari Harrison, NR 2016 DT QB, told RaiderPower.com that Tech was one of his favorites. He stated he would love to hear offers from Texas Tech and East Carolina.
- Nate Thompson, NR 2016 OT, will visit Texas Tech for his Junior Day. It looks like Texas Tech has not offered the OT from Sachse yet.
- Schnider Herard, 93 rated 2016 C, visited Texas Tech last weekend. I didn't find this out until the game, and it was a surprise to me. Makes the Iowa State victory even more important.
- Curtis Hollis, 3-star 2016 SF, visited Texas Tech for the Iowa State game. I don't know much about him, but he has to like Tech's win over Iowa State.
- Michael Speight, NR 2017 SG, is receiving interest from Texas Tech. I couldn't find any recruiting profiles on Speight.
Mason Peterson, a 2016 Pitcher from L.D. Bell, committed to the Red Raiders on Wednesday night. He is a 6'1", 185 lb 1st Baseman / Left Handed Pitcher from the Dallas area. I couldn't find any film on Peterson, but I did find some state. Last year, when he was at 1st, he batted .398, producing 41 hits, 11 RBI's, 8 doubles and 2 triples. He also stole 16 bases and had a .915 Fielding Percentage. As for pitching, he had a 2.62 ERA in 5.1 innings pitched. He allowed 4 hits while walking 5 and striking out 1. I got the numbers from MaxPreps and don't know how accurate they are. Congrats on the commitment Mason and get your guns up!
NORAD Kliff Tracker:
Here we go again with the NORAD Kliff Tracker. The Red Raiders are running around trying to finish out their 2015 class, along with trying to get a head start on the 2016 class. Let's take a look at who the coaches visited last week:
- January 18th, 2015 (Sunday) - Kliff Kingsbury and Kevin Curtis visited Tyron Johnson (97 rated WR) in his home on Sunday. Yes, the same the wide receiver that chose LSU over Tech during the Under Armor All American game.
- January 19th, 2015 (Monday) - Texas Tech was at John Tyler HS on Monday, likely to talk to Isaac Warren (87 rated CB). Issac decommitted from Purdue about a month ago. He doesn't hold a Texas Tech offer.
- January 19th, 2015 (Monday) - Mike Jinks visited Tech commit Jonathan Giles (86 rated ATH) on Monday, before his visit to Texas Tech this weekend. He could've also looked at his teammate, Ross Blacklock (87 rated 2016 DT), Jeremy Smith (90 rated 2016 WR) or Darius Anderson (91 rated 2016 DT).
- January 19th, 2015 (Monday) - Luke Stampini of 247sports said on Monday that McLane Carter (NR 2015 QB) of Gilmer HS was getting visits from Texas Tech and Florida. Tech doesn't have a QB for the 2015 class and Carter could be a nice late addition.
- January 20th, 2015 (Tuesday) - Kevin Curtis went to Landry-Walker HS in New Orleans to visit Micheal Lee (NR 2017 DB), Tevin Bush (NR 2017 RB), and Keytaon Thompson (NR 2017 DT QB). Tech offered the NOLA Trio around a month of two ago. They are all 2017 recruits, but those are some names to keep an eye on.
- January 20th, 2015 (Tuesday) - Eric Morris visited Quan Shorts (85 rated WR) on Tuesday after he visited Tulane a couple weekends ago. He stated afterwards that he was 100% a Red Raiders however.
- January 20th, 2015 (Tuesday) - Texas Tech visited Spring HS on Tuesday, likely to talk with Red Raider commit Lonzell Gilmore (78 rated DE). The Defensive End is flirting with the possibly of switching to Baylor.
- Janurary 20th, 2015 (Tuesday) - Coach Joe Esposito visited the Sound Doctrine Christian Academy in Georgia on Tuesday. Not sure who Esposito was looking at, but the Red Raiders have spent a lot of time recruiting in Georgia.
- January 20th, 2015 (Tuesday) - Texas Tech visited Episcopal HS in Belliare, and it appears that they talked with Marvin Wilson (96 rated 2017 DT). He stated on twitter that he has been getting a lot of visits from Texas Tech.
- January 20th, 2015 (Tuesday) - Kliff Kingsbury was spotted in Cibolo HS on Tuesday. I'm not sure who he was meeting with, but I bet he visited Tech commit Terrence Steele (78 rated OT). He could've also talked to Mark Jackson (93 rated 2016 DE) or Bryson Denley (88 rated RB).
- January 21st, 2015 (Wednesday) - Joe Esposito visited Brandon Robinson (91 rated 2016 CG) on Wednesday. Tech doesn't have a 2016 commit yet.
- January 21st, 2015 (Wednesday) - Zac Spavital visited D'Vonta Hinton (82 rated LB) on Wednesday, before his visit this weekend. Hinton looked like he will end up a Red Raider.
- January 21st, 2015 (Wednesday) - Texas Tech visited Godley,TX on weekend. One recruit they visited was Blake Hickey (NR 2016 OG/DE)
- January 21st, 2015 (Wednesday) - Eric Morris and Darrin Chiaverini visited Greenville HS to talk with D'Erren Wilson (82 rated WR). He planned a visit to Tech, but won't be visiting anymore.
- January 21st, 2015 (Wednesday) - Kliff Kingsbury, Kevin Curtis and Eric Morris visited Lufkin HS to see KeKe Coutee (87 rated ATH). It looks like he also might've talked with his teammate, Bronson Massie (83 rated 2016 DE).
- January 21st, 2015 (Wednesday) - Kliff Kingsbury, Kevin Curtis, David Gibbs, Mike Smith and Darrin Chiaverini all flew into California Wednesday night to look at some big recruits.
- January 21st, 2015 (Wednesday) - Texas Tech visited Kimball on Wednesday, likely to meet with Antoine Stephens (89 rated DB) and Kedarian Jones (NR 2015 WR).
- January 22nd, 2015 (Thursday) - According to Matt Clare, the Texas Tech coaches visited with JoJo Wicker (96 rated DE) in California. Tech surprisingly made JoJo Wicker's Top 3 a few weeks back.Tech is looking to add another DT or two this class.
- January 22nd, 2015 (Thursday) - Kliff Kingsbury and Darrin Chiaverini visited commit Tony Brown (82 rated WR) on Thursday. Coach Chiaverini sent out a tweet last week that made it seem Brown reassured his commitment after his UCLA visit.
- January 22nd, 2015 (Thursday) - Texas Tech visited Jack Anderson (90 rated 2017 C) on Thursday. Jack Anderson is one of Tech's Top targets for the 2017 class. He's a Tech legacy.
- January 26th, 2015 (Monday) - I'm not sure when yet, but Texas Tech will be visiting Mike Williams(91 rated DT) sometime this week.