Another close game that results in a loss. So far that is the story line for 2016. I hope there is more for this team than losing close games. Eventually Tech will figure out how to win, but it may be too late when they do. This was a very winnable game and we let it slip away. Late game offensive execution bit us again and it makes me sad.
Once again we battled back to take the lead late. Zach Smith led the charge on both sides of the ball with 19 points, 5 boards, and 3 blocks. Tech played zone much of the second half and it gave Arkansas all kinds of problems. At the end of regulation we had the ball coming out of a timeout with 13 seconds left in the game and missed a layup to win. Once overtime got going Tech's offense disappeared and the Razorbacks pulled away.
Since I am a Red Raider through and through I cannot call the season over just yet. We have some winnable games remaining on the schedule that can get us to post season play. Do I sound like a broken record yet?
- Former Red Raider Dusty Hannahs had 21 points in the first half but only 4 in the second half.
- Team leading scorer Williams made some great offensive plays in the last 5 minutes, but missed the game winner at the end of regulation. He was a non-factor in overtime.
- Temple had 0 points today. Losing Odiase has hurt this team more than I thought. He will improve and this is great experience for him, but he is not ready to be a starter.
- Tech was 15-19 (79%) from the free throw line.
- Justin Gray had been hot the last few games, but only had 2 points today.
- Tech was a miserable 1 for 13 from three point land. Yuck.