These conference games just keep getting more and more difficult each week. Tonight was no exception with Tech on the road against the #1 team in the country. I was worried that Tech might be on the receiving end of a blow out tonight and that is pretty much what happened. We all know this team has problems with offensive execution, so you cannot be surprised by the outcome. The Sooners are really good and might even receive the coveted #1 overall seed in the NCAA tourney.
About midway through the second half it was pretty apparent that there was not going to be an upset of the #1 team in Norman tonight. The Red Raiders did not have enough fire power on offense to mount any sort of comeback and OU just kept pouring it on. I love that this team never quits fighting, but tonight they were over matched. There are still plenty of conference wins for us to get so don't give up on this team just yet.
- Buddy Hield for OU lived up to all the hype. He was incredible tonight with 30 points and 6 boards.
- Tech's leading scorer was Justin Gray with 20 points and 7 rebounds. Without a doubt he is our leader on offense and is not a starter. Will that change or will Tubby be loyal to his senior guard Williams?
- Free throws were good, going 10 of 14 for 74%.
- Devaugntah Williams had 12 points tonight. He still didn't look completely comfortable out there, but did generate some offense.
- Temple started again tonight and had 11 points with 4 boards. Looks like Tubby Smith has his starting Center while Odiase heals up.