This was an absolute 40 minute grind and the Red Raiders showed some real toughness throughout the game. Tech led 35-31 at the half, but it took until under two minutes left for Tech to finally put UALR away. I do not have a vote for MVP of the game, (and probably never will) but it was Zack Smith. Smith finished with 12 points, 12 boards, and had a huge block late in the game to close the door on the Trojans. Fouls were a big story in this game. It has been a while since I have seen officiating called so tight and it caused problems for both teams. Odiase and Temple were on the bench most of the second half with 4 fouls.
- Tech only shot 63% from the free throw line going 19/30. They are usually well over 70% so this was just an off day. Right?
- Zach Smith's 12 points, 12 boards gave him his first double double of his college career.
- Williams is still struggling with his offensive game. He had 8 points, but almost looks to be losing some confidence around the three point line. Two air balls were included in his 2 for 9 shooting day. Let's hope he finds a way to right the ship soon.
- Gotcher also scored 12 points to go with 4 rebounds. Gotcher has emerged as the Red Raiders most consistent player and when he is on the court good things happen.
- Tech did a lot of switching in and out of their zone defense today and it was impactful. Most noticeably in the last 3:30 of the first half when the zone held the Trojans scoreless.