Jace was picked up by the Jets in the 2nd round of the 2014 draft and had an ok rookie season with 38 receptions for 345 yards a couple scores. Last preseason he injured his shoulder and had to have season-ending shoulder surgery. This preseason he played in 3 games, with 5 receptions for 35 yards while battling a groin injury. However, the Jets cut him from the team, and Coach Bowles said they needed more “reliable” tight ends. The Titans picked him up so we should see Jace catching passes from Marcus Mariotta this year.
Kerry didn’t make the team as an interior lineman which is a deeper position for the Lions than on the end. So this past offseason he dropped from 300 lbs to 265 and moved to the outside. Coach Caldwell said he was hard to not look at from his impressive ability in the preseason, especially the last game against the Bills. He had 12 QB hurries in the game, including 3 sacks and a 4th that was wiped out by a penalty, which led to him making the team. Kerry will still have work to do, but for now is in a competition for a backup spot on the end.
- LB Pete Robertson was cut from Seattle
- DE Branden Jackson was cut from the Raiders, but signed on with their practice squad
- LB Micah Awe was cut from the Bucs, but also signed with their practice squad
- OL Le’Raven Clark is currently the backup RT for the Colts behind Joe Reitz
- WR/PR/KR Jakeem Grant is currently listed as the 1st team kick returner and backup pun returner with Miami
- For the Rams, Cody Davis is still listed as the starting FS and Marquez is a 2nd team WR behind Kenny Britt