Earlier this evening the official media guide for the week 1 game against SHSU was published, and among the 32 pages, one page in particular has garnered much interest in social media. The guide can be found here, but the most intriguing page is #10, the depth chart. There are some changes to what was published for camp, and one particular note that seems to have most of social media in a bit of an uproar......
- Washington is listed as the starting RB with White as 2nd string. What you will most likely see is Washington and Stockton split time at HB, with White playing as FB.
- Cantrell is listed as starting over Davis at the Z-position. While there are rumors this is due to Reggie's off-field issues, Cantrell has been reported to have won the job with his on-field play.
- In the depth chart, it only shows the 2-deep positions. Gibbs has said they he plans to rotate people in, to maintain fresh legs and lungs, especially now that we have the depth to do so. with that in mind.......
- Mitchell is NOT listed on the chart. At all. He should be 3rd, behind Robertson and Barnes. You will see him on the field this season, do not worry.
- Also, Fehoko is listed as co-backup with McElrath. I expect him to get plenty of reps as well
- At CB, Madison and Nelson are listed as starters, with Bethel co-backing up Nelson with Thierry Nguema. While Bethel has been shown to have a wrap/soft cast on his wrist recently, it has been reported that Madison and Nelson have made more plays at practice. And while Bethel has incredible agility, Nelson had 16 pass break-ups last year, good for 6th in the FBS
- Oh, and one more minor thing.......Mahomes and Webb are listed as co-starters. No biggy, right? This won't cause any stir. AT ALL