That was a long week off for all of us basketball fans. I was anxious to see how the Red Raiders were going to respond after so many days off that also included final exams. Apparently there was no reason to be anxious as Tech came out strong from the get go and never looked back. Tech led 45-23 at the half and the final score was 89-46.
- Here is the box score.
- Aaron Ross returned from injury and played thirteen minutes. This was great to see, but not a total surprise since Coach Beard said Ross would be back before conference play.
- Keenan Evans was the leading scorer with 23 points.
- Texas Tech turned the ball over twelve times in the game. Assistant Coach Al Pinkins said during the halftime interview their goal is eight or less per game.
- The Red Raiders went 19 for 25 from the free throw line.
- Tech dominated the boards tonight, 43 to 18.
- Justin Gray had the first double double of his career with 18 points and 11 boards. This was pretty amazing considering his grandfather passed away and he was away from the team a couple of days during the last week.
- There was a great halftime piece on Thomas Brandsma. I couldn't find the video online to share, but it discussed his loyalty to Coach Beard. Brandsma has played for Beard at McMurry, Angelo State, Arkansas-Little Rock, and now Texas Tech.
Game Highlight Video:
TV Game Recap:
Coach Bear Post Game Presser:
Players Post Game Presser:
Up next the Red Raiders go on the road to play Richmond on Saturday at 12:30.