Double-T Nation News:
Lots of notes from around the blogosphere, some of which is Texas Tech related, most of which is not:
- BON previews this week in hoops in the Big 12.
- SMQ takes a look at statistical relevance and winning percentage, i.e. the winning percentages of teams from major statistical categories. This is pretty interesting and seems clear that teams with a good defense tend to win more, but you are less likely to be bad if you have a good offense. Again, worth your time this morning.
- Orson at EDSBS has a great post on Bear Bryant, who passed away 25 years ago on Sunday.
- The Wiz has nominated Coach Leach's tirade after the Texas game for it's Classless Act of 2007.
- FanBlogs notes which teams have the most returning starters, by conference. Your Red Raiders are first in the Big 12 with 18 and the Aggies are last with 11.
Texas Tech Football:
LAJ's Don Williams talks with new commitments, Skyline (TX) safety Keanon Cooper(6-0/195) and Camden Fairview (AK) defensive end Brian Christopher (6-4/240). Here's Cooper on Texas Tech:
Cooper played defensive end and outside linebacker in high school last year, but Williams notes that Cooper will move back to safety for Texas Tech. Here's Cooper on the switch:
Christopher is a guy the staff has been working on for quite some time:
Williams also has an update on Chandler Hill, E.J. Holub's grandson, who is hoping to be a preferred walk-on at receiver for Texas Tech.
I did appreciate DMN's Todd Willis' quote from Cooper regarding playing at Texas Tech: