Big 12 Roundtable - Now That We Know
Based on what you now know to be your team's strengths and weaknesses if the game was on the line do you want your offense or defense on the field?
For most teams, this might not be such a slam dunk decision, but not for Texas Tech. There is no doubt that I would want Harrell, Amendola, Crabtree & Co. on the field during crunch time. Harrell has shown the propensity to not be bothered by any deficit and these receivers can catch the ball. Let's not forget the offensive line who has allowed only 1 sack so far this year.
If you had to pick a team from the AP Top 10 for your team to play this weekend who would you pick and why (OU & Texas are not options).
Again, another easy answer: California. There would be nothing more pleasing that exerting dominance over the Golden Bears, again. Hell, just asking this question conjures up good times and a terrific game memories for Red Raider fans.
You can take one player off your team and trade him for any player in the conference who plays the same position who are you taking?
This one took a little thought, and I'm torn between two players: linebackers Jordan Dizon from Colorado or Alvin Bowen from Iowa State. If forced to pick, give me Jordan Dizon. I'd replace either one of them with Kellen Tillman. As I said before, I'm sure Tillman's a nice guy, but he's incredibly frustrating as a player and I'd love to see either Bowen or Dizon running all over the field, making tackles. And just in case your wondering, Dizon has 35 tackles in 2 games, which is 1st Nationally. And don't forget, he's also had 2 sacks, forced 1 fumble and has 4 tackles for a loss
Conference Power Rankings! Rank the teams in the conference from first to worst.
- Oklahoma: Bradford is good, but Malcolm Kelly makes Bradford look better.
- Texas: I'm not completely sold on the Longhorns, but they haven't done anything to prove they don't belong here.
- Nebraska: This is a big week for the Cornhuskers going against the Trojans.
- Missouri: Offense is spectacular, defense, not so much. Sound familiar?
- Kansas State: I'm still more sold on their defense than their offense.
- Texas Tech: Disappointed in UTEP game, but the offense is still very impressive
- Texas A&M: Suspect offense and suspect defense.
- Kansas: So far, they've looked good, I'm interested to see how this plays out against conference competition.
- Oklahoma State: Georgia loss looks worse after last week and Reid is a little banged up.
- Colorado: They are improving, but had a horrible time rushing the ball last week.
- Baylor: Weed.
- Iowa State: I got nothing.
Big 12 Players of the Week - Make your selections for offensive and defensive players of the week for week two.
Offensive POTW: How incredibly biased am I if I name a Texas Tech Red Raider the POTW for two weeks in a row? 188 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns: Michael Crabtree.
Defensive POTW: Reggie Smith for Oklahoma. He was outstanding for OU on Saturday, he's the best choice this week.