Well, the 2007-2008 basketball schedule was released today for our beloved Red Raiders.
- Saturday November 10 University of California, Riverside
- Wednesday November 14 at Sam Houston State University
- Saturday November 17 Stephen F. Austin
- Wed - Sat November 21-24 Great Alaskan Shootout (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Wednesday November 28 TCU
- Saturday December 1 at Centenary
- Wednesday December 5 Louisiana Tech
- Saturday December 15 at New Mexico
- Saturday December 22 vs. Stanford (Dallas - American Airlines Center)
- Saturday December 29 Northwestern State
- Tuesday January 1 Lamar
- Saturday January 5 UTEP
A couple of thoughts, as a college student I always loved watching the Great Alaskan Shootout. Perhaps it was the idea that basketball wasn't supposed to be on television at 2 in the morning. The other teams to play in the GAS are: Butler, Gonzaga, Liberty, Michigan, Texas Tech, Washington State, Western Kentucky, and Alaska Anchorage.
Holla! I'll be in the AAC on December 22nd to watch that game.
Other than Stanford, and the other teams in the GAS, the New Mexico game looks to be the toughest non-conference game.
Riverside, Sam Houston State, SFA, TCU, Centenary, La. Tech, Northwestern State and Lamar are all bad teams. I'll look up their end of season KenPom ratings, but I'd have to imagine that they're all terrible. If Tech has a good showing in the GAS then that certainly helps the non-conference schedule tremendously.