Yesterday was not a good picking day for DTN and we went 0-2. I think today's games will be much closer.
Oregon Players to Watch:
- Aaron Brooks, G, 6-0, Sr., 17.8 Pts., 4.4 Reb., 4.2 Ast.
- Bryce Taylor, G, 6-5, Jr., 14.6 Pts., 4.6 Reb., 1.7 Ast.
- Tajuan Porter, G, 5-6, Fr., 14.2 Pts., 1.9 Reb., 2.0 Ast.
Florida Players to Watch:
- Al Horford, F-C, 6-10, Jr., 13.3 Pts. 9.3 Reb., 2.1 Ast.
- Corey Brewer, F, 6-9, Jr., 13.1 Pts., 4.6 Reb., 3.1 Ast.
- Taurean Green, G, 6-0, Jr., 13.0 Pts., 2.4 Reb., 3.7 Ast.
Nothing would make me happier than to see the Ducks oust the Gators and we no longer have to look at Noah, who is beginning to annoy me. The problem for me and for the Ducks is that Florida is so long and athletic, it's difficult to stop them. Brooks is the type of player that can truly lead his team to a victory, but I'm afraid Oregon's lack of depth and size will be the deciding factor. My heart tells me Oregon, but my mind tells me to pick the Gators. Check out Addicted to Quack and Swamp Ball. DTN Pick: Florida.
Georgetown Players to Watch:
- Jeff Green, F, 6-9, Jr., 14.2 Pts., 6.2 Reb., 3.2 Ast.
- Roy Hibbert, C, 7-2, Jr., 12.7 Pts., 6.7 Reb., 1.0 Ast.
- Jonathan Wallace, G, 6-1, Jr., 11.0 Pts., 2.7 Reb., 3.0 Ast.
North Carolina Players to Watch:
- Tyler Hansbrough, F, 6-9, So., 18.6 Pts., 7.9 Reb., 1.2 Ast.
- Brandan Wright, F, 6-9, Fr., 14.6 Pts., 6.1 Reb., 1.0 Ast.
- Wayne Ellington, G, 6-4, Fr., 11.9 Pts., 2.9 Reb., 2.2 Ast.
This is the year of the Hoyas, and I expect the fact that the Tar Heels play so many freshman will catch up with them today. I doubt that Carolina has faced such a difficult matchup this year. I do not see Wright getting easy looks like he has in the past. Hibbert will change the way that Wright and Hansbrough play and today. Green will demonstrate his versatility and why he's going to be a top 10 pick in the NBA Draft. I picked the Hoyas from the beginning and there's no reason to not pick them here. As I said, I think this game comes down to the Georgetown's guards getting to Carolina's. Check out Carolina March. DTN Pick: Georgetown.