|Team||Pts.||Reb.||FG%||3P%||KP Rank||Off. Eff.||Def. Eff.|
Kansas Players to Watch:
- Brandon Rush, G, 6-6, So., 13.7 Pts., 5.7 Reb., 1.8 Ast.
- Mario Chalmers, G, 6-1, So., 12.1 Pts., 3.3 Reb., 3.2 Ast.
- Julian Wright, F, 6-8, So., 12.0 Pts., 8.1 Reb., 2.3 Ast.
Texas Players to Watch:
- Kevin Durant, G-F, 6-9, Fr., 25.1 Pts., 11.4 Reb., 1.4 Ast.
- A.J. Abrams, G, 5-10, So., 15.1 Pts., 2.4 Reb., 1.6 Ast.
- D.J. Augustin, G, 5-11, Fr., 15.0 Pts., 2.8 Reb., 6.8 Ast.
At this point, we're talking about one player versus a collection of players. Durant certainly has the ability to take over and win a game, but I'll take the collection of talented players over the one special player, at least today. Texas looks a little tired and I imagine that Kansas, with their depth, is well prepared to take on Durant. Kansas has a couple of things that most teams don't, athletic forwards who can cover Durant. I think Wright and Arthur have the ability to keep pace with Durant and can also force Durant to play defense as well. I also like Kansas' defensive ability, they're awfully good and Texas can be just average on defense at times. I'll take the Jayhawks against a tired Texas team, 71-67.