I emailed Tim MacMahon of the Dallas Morning News earlier in the week and inquired if he would be willing to answer a couple of questions regarding this year's recruiting class. Tim graciously accepted. I want to personally thank Tim for taking the time to answer some questions for our community.
1. How would you rate Texas Tech's recruiting class in relation to the rest of the Big 12 South division?
2. Which 2 or 3 commitments do you believe could make the biggest impact in 2007?
3. Which 2 or 3 commitments do you believe will have the biggest impact at the end of their tenure at Texas Tech?
5. On the defensive side of the ball, Tech signed a number of defensive ends, including the Hawaii Gatorade player of the year, are the coaches planning on converting some of these players to linebackers, and possibly running a 3-4 at times?
6. Tech suffered quite a bit of attrition on the defensive line this year due to graduation, are Agoucha or Whitlock good enough to play this year and if not, who would you project as players to watch this spring?
7. Not one linebacker in the entire class and now Tech fans will be subjected to Kellen Tillman not making plays for the Red Raiders for yet another year, who are some of the other viable options at linebacker?
8. Offensive line was also decimated by graduating players, could you give an early season projection of the starting 5 linemen for next year?
9. We've heard a lot about Michael Crabtree, is he as great as everyone says that he is, and do L.A. Reed or Adrian Reese have a similar break-out potential?
10. Where do you see Bront Bird and Taylor Charbonnet eventually fitting in on this team?
11. If you had to compare Stefan Loucks to one of the fairly recent Texas Tech quarterbacks (Kingsbury, Symons, Cumbie, Hodges or Harrell) which one would it be and why.
13. Who do you see as the potential sleepers of this class, the kid who wasn't recruited as heavily, but might emerge to be a special player for Tech?
14. Tech is coming off of one of, if not the most, exciting bowl game in NCAA history, can Texas Tech fans expect an improvement on their 8-5 record or should Red Raiders brace themselves for a disappointing 2007?