Texas Tech Football:
The press conference from the recruiting press conference has been posted at the official Tech website. I was surprised that the first 2 or 3 minutes was the back of a kid's head, I didn't realize it was so hard to edit video. Here are some of the things I picked up in listening to Leach:
- Leach likes size on his football team
- Contributors: one of the defensive linemen (end or tackle?)
- Is Leach working on being as creative on defense as he is on offense? He seems to really hint that he simply wants players out on the field who make plays and not necessarily a specific position
- Is it helpful to lead the nation in categories or mediocre?
- JUCO's = mercenaries
- Project athleticism to get the best players on the field
- No risk guys is an important feature to Leach, he sees the value in recruiting a kid with no grade issues
- Behind a year and a half the first coaching season
Offensive line coach Jack Bicknell, Jr. also commented:
- Important features for linemen: great feet and size on the line
- Castillo was Bicknell, sounded like he had already offered to his little brother
- Recruited Jerrod Gooch's older brother
- Delpche is a 1st round talent, talks about great feet, and has the size
- Keowen has the chance to play center
Texas Tech Basketball:
DMN's Tim MacMahon thinks that Tech has got to whip up on Colorado and has some quotes from former Dukie, Jay Bilas.
FWST's John Miller believes that the Red Raiders are back in contention for the tournament.
LAJ's Jeff Walker also believes that Tech cannot afford to overlook the Buffaloes.
SEN's Tim Griffin reports on Team Schizo (i.e. your very inconsistent Red Raiders). Tim also has his very well done Big 12 Insider.
Texas Tech Baseball:
The Red Raiders clobbered Dallas Baptist 21-1 behind 8 strong innings from sophomore pitcher AJ Ramos. LAJ's George Walker has his game story, well done as always. Shortstop Kyle Martin had 5 RBI, catcher Matt Smith and third baseman Doug Thennis each had 4 RBI to lead the Red Raiders
I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that Tech's baseball uniforms are one of the best looking uniforms going. I'm not a big fan of the current version of their basketball uniforms (I still don't know what those three dashes are on the side of the jersey and the shorts) and I've never like football's Under Armor's uniforms, I'm a more traditional. But any picture that I see of Tech's baseball uniforms, they look outstanding. Especially the pinstripe and the lettering across the front. Great look.