|Trevor Cook||Started and only turned the ball over once. Looks like he's slowing down just a bit.|
|Mike Singletary||Freshman gets the start and plays very well with 15 points and 6 boards.|
|Martin Zeno||Relatively quiet night for the senior and finishes with 9 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists (yeah!), but 4 turnovers (boo!).|
|Alan Voskuil||Only 3 shot attempts for the entire night is not enough for Voskuil. I want him forcing shots early. Did finish with 7 rebounds.|
|John Roberson||The freshman point guard had 22 points and 5 assists. Excellent work turned in by Roberson as he also made 6-7 3-point shots.|
|Rigdrick Craig||Still had productive minutes. I get the feeling that Craig's time will increase as he gets in better shape.|
|D'Walyn Roberts||Finished with 9 points, the problem is that the boxscore is pretty empty after that. This team needs rebounders and Roberts needs to contribute.|
|Michael Prince||Had 3 fouls in 10 minutes. I love his aggressiveness, but probably needs to tone it down to be more effective.|
|Esmir Rizvic||Rizvic made his way back into the rotation and finished with 4 points and 2 boards in 7 minutes.|
|Charlie Burgess||Decreasing minutes for Burgess and is still not very effective offensively.|
|Ricardo De Bem||Only 4 minutes but had 3 rebounds. I would love to see De Bem be more involved.|
|Tyler Hoffmeister||Good to see the Hoff some pre-season playing time before he dominates the rest of the Big 12.|
What Texas Tech Did Right:
- Freshmen Stepped Up: Roberson, Roberts and Singletary are all getting more minutes as the season progresses. I'd love to see these guys as major contributors this season and there's no reason why they shouldn't. They are all talented kids who know how to play the game. It's just a matter of learning the offense.
- Won Rebounding War, Barely: I take victories in the rebounding battle whenever I can get them and last night is no exception. We were able to out rebound the Seawolves 33 to 29, this is despite Carl Arts 16 rebounding effort.
- Defense Continues to Impress: How about this, the Red Raiders held the Seawolves to 32.7% shooting from the floor. A big part of me wants to attribute this to the more athletic freshmen who are seeing more playing time and are better defenders than last year's squad.
What Texas Tech Did Wrong: Not much to gripe about when you win by 27.
- Fractured Frontcourt: Of the available big men for Texas Tech here are the minutes breakdown: Cook (16), Roberts (14), Prince (10), Rizvic (7), De Bem (4). Of a total of 200 minutes, that's only 51 minutes to the true frontcourt players. We're going to need more production from these guys, especially against Gonzaga.
- Zeno and Voskuil: It's okay that they were able to take off last night, but Texas Tech would and should depend on the two veterans against the Zags.