Four Big 12 teams are ranked this week and five look to be a lock for the NCAA Tournament.
- Kansas (27-3): KU is still king and currently in the midst of a seven game winning streak. The Jayhawks clinched their 13th consecutive Big 12 title after a comeback win against the Oklahoma Sooners.
- Baylor (24-6): I still like BU at No. 2 this week. Baylor picked up a huge road win over the weekend against No. 10 West Virginia. BU is now 6-3 against AP top 25 teams this season.
- West Virginia (23-7): Currently ranked No. 10 in the nation West Virginia is set to make a deep run in March. Before losing at home to Baylor on Saturday the Mountaineers had won five of their last six games.
- Iowa State (20-9): No. 24 ISU has come on strong in February. Ever since beating KU on the road the Cyclones have been red hot and are currently running with a six game winning streak. ISU is peaking at the perfect time and will be an exciting team to watch in the NCAA Tourney.
- Oklahoma State (20-10): The Oklahoma State Cowboys are the turnaround story for the Big 12 this season. The Cowboys are only 1-6 against top 25 teams, but are consistently winning against everyone else. They have now won 10 out of their last 12 and are all but assured a ticket to the big dance. What a miraculous recovery from the six game losing streak back in January.
- Texas Tech (17-12):. The Red Raiders get the nod at No. 6 because they have been losing close games that very easily could have gone their way. When you look back that the last few games there is a one point loss to Kansas, a double overtime loss to West Virginia, and then an overtime loss to Iowa State.
- TCU (17-12): The TCU Horned Frogs sit at No. 7 this week because of a current 5 game losing streak. Granted two of the losses were only by one shot, but losing five in a row brings them down. TCU is also 0-6 against ranked opponents.
- Kansas State (17-12): Kansas State has completely crumbled in February. KSU has now lost 8 of its last 10 games. It would seem Bruce Weber has coached his last season for the Wildcats.
- Oklahoma (10-19): OU never could things going in conference play. The Sooners only won two games in January and just closed out February with only two wins. Hard to say they belong anywhere but at the bottom of this list.
- Texas (10-19): Many predicted Texas would be a better team in the second half of the season, but that prediction was wrong. The Longhorns have now lost their last five games and may not win another Big 12 games this season.