The game went just about like we all expected. The Red Raiders got up about ten or twelve points and held it their most of the first half. At the half Tech led 37-24 and early in the second half the lead was stretched out to around twenty. It stayed there the rest of the way. Coach Beard had the guys ready to go tonight and they came out with intensity on both sides of the ball. The offense was no where near as potent as it was in the first game, but they got the job done.
- No surprise that Beard rotated a lot of guys in and out of the game tonight. With ten minutes to go in the game there were already eight players that had logged at least ten minutes of playing time.
- North texas was terrible from three point land, but just kept shooting it. They were 4 for 24 (17%). Of course Tech was only a little better going 6 for 20 (30%).
- Aaron Ross led Tech tonight with 13 points.
- After Keenan Evans scored 28 points in the first game he only had 4 points tonight.
- Free throws were not good tonight as they were only 8 for 16. I hope it is just a result of not quite being in game shape and this works itself out over the coming weeks.
- Zack Smith had a double double tonight with 11 points and 11 boards.
Next up the Red Raider host Eastern Kentucky at noon on Saturday, November 19th. This will be the last game before the team heads to Mexico for the Cancun Challenge.