Now that the season is officially over with, you're going to see the coaching staff around the area visiting recruits and trying to convince them to come to Tech. Last time I checked, Jinks and Haverty were in the DFW area, Chiaverini and Morris were in the Houston area and Kevin Curtis will be east of Texas. I'm not sure where everyone else is as this time. Coach Esposito traveled to Missouri to recruit this past week for basketball.
Also, due to finals, I'll basically be shut down for recruiting until next Monday afternoon. I may tweet occasionally if I see something interesting pop up on my twitter, but I'm not going to be digging for info or anything. If you want to add some recruiting info just comment below, but make sure it's FREE info and not paid info. Wreck'em.
Dave Bolisomi - Offensive Tackle (Denton Ryan, Denton, TX)
Ratings: NR by 247 / NR by ESPN / NR by Rivals / NR by Scout
Interest: Texas Tech (Cool), Oklahoma State (Cool), TCU (Cool), Arizona State (Cool)
Dave Bolisomi was first offered by Teas Tech this past week, along with Oklahoma State, TCU and Arizona State. He's a NR Offensive Tackle that has recently gotten offered by a bunch of FBS programs out of nowhere. I'm not sure why he's all of a sudden getting offers (his team isn't in the playoffs). Dave visited North Texas about a month ago and went to the Texas Tech game this past weekend to watch the Red Raiders play. He apparently enjoyed his time at the game and really likes Tech. I'm not sure if he will visit anywhere else or when he will decide. Tech has 4 Offensive Linemen committed this class and will likely add another offensive linemen or two to this class. Now let's take a look at what Dave Bolisomi can do on film. Dave has a big body that is great for the college game. He has a big 6'6" frame and has a wide wingspan. I also like the fact he keeps his linemen in front of him. He creates good holes for the running back and was a big part of why his team ran for 175 yards per game. With Tech looking like it's heading towards a system with a Dual Threat QB, it's important to have linemen that can guard the rush. Hopefully we can get Dave Bolisomi to visit Lubbock and see what Raiderland is like.
Lonzell Gilmore - Defensive End / Outside Linebacker (Spring HS, Spring, TX)
Ratings: 78 by 247 / NR by ESPN / 5.4 by Rivals / 2-star by Scout
Interest: Texas Tech (Cool), Kansas State (Cool), Nevada (Cool), Fresno State (Cool)
Lonzell Gilmore received an offer from Texas Tech this past week his 4th offer at the time. Since then, he has received offers from Kansas State and Miami (OH). Before then, he had 3 other FBS offers from Nevada, Fresno State and Colorado State. I don't know a whole lot about Gilmore, but he seems like someone Tech may want at Pete's position once Pete leaves next season. He has yet to take an official visit anywhere, but I bet he will take some in the near future. His team is currently in the playoffs, so I bet he'll wait until the season is over with to take his visit. Texas and A&M have also shown interest, but I don't think they will offer Gilmore anytime soon if they do. Now let's take a look at what Lonzell Filmore can do on film. What I like about Gilmore is his explosiveness off the line. He may not be the biggest defensive linemen, but he comes off the line strong and uses that leverage to take advantage of his man and get in the backfield. He also uses that speed to chase down running backs and bring them down. I also like the way he tackles. He comes at the defender hard and uses all his force to bring him down. He wraps up and brings down the ball carrier. I think he would be used as an outside LB in Tech's system, backing up Pete Robertson. He's not the heaviest kid, but he's fast and tackles well. I hope he takes a chance at Tech and really considers them.
Here are some more updates:
- Jarrett Stidham, 98 rated QB, attended the Texas Tech game last weekend. His team is currently headed to the Quarterfinals in the Playoffs. Stidham has 16 TTDs in 2 playoff games thus far.
- Chris Warren III, 96 rated ATH, had a home visit from Coach Haverty and Jinks, He recently named Tech in his Top 5 along with Texas, Washington, Oregon and Stanford.
- DeAndre McNeal, 93 rated ATH, attended the Texas Tech game last weekend sporting Tech gear and sitting on the Red Raider's side. He's not planning an official visit to Tech, but has visited there before.
- JoJo Wicker, 94 rated DT, named his Top list of schools and Tech did not make the list. He visited Tech for the Texas game back on November 1st.
- Lio Lafaele, 87 rated JUCO OT, has decommitted from Tech. He still tweets about Tech, so my guess would be grades, if anything.
- DeDe Westbrook, 89 rated JUCO WR, has committed to Oklahoma. He visited Oklahoma for the Kansas game and was impressed enough to commit. His brother will walk-on at OU also.
- Kendall Bussey, 87 rated ATH, decommitted from Nebraska after Bo Pelini was fired. Tech has been recruiting him hard even though he was committed to Nebraska.
- Ryan Davis, 88 rated WR, is getting home visits from Kentucky, UCF and Texas Tech this weekend. Kevin Curtis is his recruiter.
- KeKe Coutee, 87 rated ATH, hinted on twitter that he may have made his decision. He visited Louisville last weekend.
- Damion Ratley, 85 rated JUCO WR, has committed to Texas A&M after receiving an offer from on Thanksgiving. Tech still looking to add 2 WRs to the class.
- PJ Locke, 85 rated S, was offered by Texas Tech this past weekend. He's been a longtime target for the Red Raiders. He is currently committed to Oregon
- Quan Shorts, 85 rated WR commit, was visited by Darrin Chiaverini and Eric Morris this weekend. He also teased another Big WR could be committing to Tech soon on twitter.
- Christian Taylor, 85 rated S, visited Baylor two weekends ago, but came away with no offer. He still has Tech as his favorite.
- Darreon Jackson, 83 rated S, will visit Boise State in two weeks and visit Texas Tech in January. He also plans to visit Kansas at some point.
- Levi Onwuzurike, NR 2016 DE, received an offer from Texas Tech this past week. He currently plays for Allen HS, who have a bunch of Tech offers.
- Jeffery Okudah, NR 2017 ATH, attended the Texas Tech / Baylor game last weekend. He has two offers thus far (including one form Tech) and was sitting on the Tech side.
- Mike Williams, 91 rated 2016 DT, attended the Texas Tech game last weekend. He went with 83 rated ATH Devin Williams and Isaiah Harris Jr
- KD Nixon, NR 2017 WR, attended the Texas Tech game last weekend too. His lone offer thus far is from Texas Tech
- Baron Browning, 95 rated 2017 ILB, went to the Texas Tech / Baylor game this weekend. Tech is one of four offers from Browning, who also has an offer from Baylor.
- De'Veon Hunter, NR 2016 ATH, attended the Texas Tech game last weekend. He is a Tech legacy and currently has no offers. He seems like someone that would commit to Tech if he's offered and wants to attend junior day.
- Jack Anderson, 90 rated 2017 C, attended the Tech game this weekend also. I believe this is his 3rd game this year. He attended the game with Baron Browning and Eno Benjamin.
- Trent Forrest, 96 rated 2016 SG, received an offer from Texas Tech this past week. Florida State appears to be in the lead currently.
Who attended the Game this Weekend?
Here's a look at who was at the other Jones AT&T Stadium this weekend:
|Jarrett Stidham||98 rated QB|
|DeAndre McNeal||93 rated LB|
|Mike Williams||91 rated 2016 DT|
|Jack Anderson||90 rated 2017 C|
|Jeffery Okudah||NR 2017 ATH|
|Devin Williams||83 rated 2016 ATH|
|Isaiah Harris JR||NR 2016 WR|
|KD Nixon||NR 2017 WR|
|Baron Browning||95 rated 2017 ILB|
|De'Veon Hunter||NR 2016 ATH|
|Eno Benjamin||NR 2017 RB|
Here is who will be visiting this weekend:
|Arden Key||95 rated DE (committed to South Carolina)|
How did the 2014 commits do this past weekend?
|Patrick Mahomes||30-56||598 yards||6 TDs 1 INT|
|9 rushes||31 yards|
|Justin Stockton||1 catch||4 yards||1 FUM|
|6 returns||105 yards|
|Devin Lauderdale||4 catches||85 yards||1 TD|
|Ian Sadler||3 catches||45 yards|
|Cameron Batson||1 catch||3 yards|
|Derrick Dixon||9 tackles (7 solo)||2 Pass Break-ups|
|Keland McElrath||8 tackles||6 solo, 2 assist|
|Tevin Madison||7 tackles (5 solo)||1 Pass Break-up|
|Rika Levi||2 tackles||2 solo|
|Nigel Bethel II||4 tackles (4 solo)||2 Pass Break-ups|
|Marcus Smith||2 tackles (1 solo)||QB Hit|
|Sam Atoe||1 tackle||1 solo|
How did the 2015 commits do this past weekend?
Here's how our 2015 commits did in the playoffs:
|Jarrett Stidham||Stephenville beats Big Spring 59-32||Stidham was 15-20 for 277 yards and 4 TDs. He ran for 175 yards and 3 TDs. That's 16 TTD's for him so far in 2 playoff games|
|Carlos Strickland||Dallas Skyline beats Collins 34-14||Strickland has a 31 yard TD in the game|
|Conner Dyer||Oak beats Mesquite Horn 59-40|
|Courtney Wallace||Neville beats Karr 34-7||They advance to the Semi-Finals|