1. Think a Good Thought for Ronnie Daniels | The details of former Texas Tech running back Ronnie Daniels' recent arrest are quite frankly scary and it makes my heart sink a bit seeing that he has problems with dealing with life. I hope like heck he gets some help.
2. Vince Taylor Joins Tubby Smith's Coaching Staff | Welcome to Vince Taylor who will be the final piece of head coach Tubby Smith's coaching staff. Smith has been an assistant coach at Pittsburgh, Wyoming, Louisville, and Minnesota. Here's Smith on Taylor:
"Vince Taylor was with my staff for six years at Minnesota" said Smith. "He was big part of our success in recruiting and getting to the NCAA Tournament. He will do the same at Texas Tech. Vince has an outstanding reputation around the country. His experience as a player at Duke and as a professional player for a number of years overseas has enhanced in his ability to teach the game. Vince provides so many intangibles. He has a way of relating to players, not only because he has a 16-year old son, but because of his experiences. He has great understanding about young athletes and how to relate to them. We are excited to join us at Texas Tech."
4. The Big 12's Awful Non-Conference Schedule | The Sporting News takes issue with the Big 12's poor non-conference schedule (rightfully so). Kansas St. is dead-last and Texas Tech is 8th in the worst schedule category.
5. Baseball Highlight Video | You can check out the highlight video for the baseball team.
6. Highfalutin Finance and the NCAA | According to the Wall Street Journal, Moody's revises the NCAA's credit outlook to negative. I don't know anything about what this really means, but it doesn't sound good.
7. Dawson Coming Back From Injury | The LAJ has a piece catching up with former Red Raider Keyunta Dawson. Check it out.
8. Early Win Totals | CBS Sports had some early win totals released, which included Texas at 9.5, Oklahoma at 9.5, Cincinnati at 9.5, and West Virginia at 5.5. Cincinnati is getting some attention recently because of the incredibly easy schedule that the Bearcats have this next year.