Good Guys | Texas Tech Red Raiders
Bad Guys | Texas Longhorns
Date | November 28, 2013
Time | 6:30 pm CST
Location | Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium | Austin, Texas
Weather | Sunny, High 58, Low 44
Television | FS1
Radio | Affiliates
Line | Via OddsShark | Opening Line: None yet.
Three in a row. That's right, three in a row. Texas Tech is your meat judging National Champions! Let's get to the links.
- Rest in Peace Bobby Cavazos: Per the LAJ, Bobby Cavazos, a terrific former Red Raider and number 26 pick in the third round in the 1954 NFL Draft pass away earlier this week, but was hurt in a preseason and never played a regular season game. Cavazos grew up the son of a ranch hand of the King Ranch and wrote two books about the history.
- Dartwan Returns: The LAJ talks with DE Dartwan Bush, who finally returned from a knee injury against Baylor and played very well. Here's DC Matt Wallerstedt on one of his defensive ends:
"If you look when Dartwan was out, when he was removed from the equation, Kerry’s numbers started to slide just like our defensive numbers started to slide drastically," Wallerstedt said. "If Dartwan stays in the mix, I think Kerry’s numbers go well past what he had last year."
- Watch Lists: Congrats to TE Jace Amaro who was named a semifinalist for the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award, which goes to best offensive player that plays high school or college in Texas, and QB Baker Mayfield who was named a semifinalist for the Burlsworth Trophy, which goes to the top player that started his career as a walk-on.
- Improving in Bye Week: The DT writes that the team is looking to improve during the bye week and DE Branden Jackson retold what HC Kliff Kingsbury told them after the game:
"Coach Kingsbury just harped on, ‘Never let your head down,’" Jackson said. "We know what we did wrong, and we went against a great offense and a great defense, and we just can’t make those mistakes. He said to never let anyone make your head hang and keep your heads up and focus on the next one."
- NFL Mock Draft: This CBS Sports 2014 NFL mock draft has TE Jace Amaro as the #11 and #19 player taken in the NFL draft this year. I know there's been discussion as to where Amaro would go if he were to declare for the NFL Draft and these two writers think that Amaro is a top 20 player.
- Advanced Numbers: Not for the weak of heart, Football Study Hall has the advanced box score for last week's game against Baylor.
- Meeks Talks Kingsbury: The LAJ caught up with former Red Raider Vincent Meeks, who was a freshman when Kingsury was a senior.
More from Viva The Matadors:
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Texas Longhorns | Game Preview
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Texas Longhorns | Game and TV Info; Odds; Morning Links
- Possible Red Raiders: A Weekly Recruiting Update - 11/19/13
- Kingsbury's Red Raiders Will Get Better: A Parable
- Texas Tech Swats Texas Southern | Post Game Thoughts