After a painfully long break from hoops the Red Raiders were finally back in action tonight. Everyone knew this was going to be their biggest challenge of the season thus far. Going on the road for the conference opener with a sold out crowd is no easy task and in the first half Tech answered the call. The defensive intesity along with good shooting was enough to quiet the crowd and control the game. Tech led 35-25 at the half. The second half started much the same with Tech having an answer every time ISU tried to make a run. With just under 11 minutes to play ISU began their strongest run of the night cutting Tech’s lead down to 4 points. At the 4:26 mark ISU took their first lead of the game at 55-52 and they never looked back. In the end turnovers and stale offensive play doomed the Red Raiders.
- Tech won on the boards 41-27.
- In the first half Livingston had 13 points going 3 of 5 from 3 point land, but had no points in the second half.
- In the first half Temple was called for a very questionable flagrant foul. Honestly it was one of the weakest flagrant fouls I've ever seen.
- Tech turned the ball over 9 times in the first half and ended up with 15 turnovers for the game. We have seen this a few times already this season and they have to find a way to clean it up or we will lose a lot of conference games.
- Tech was 75% from the free throw line.
- Once again Zach Smith was flying up and down the court. He had 14 boards, 2 blocks, and 7 points.
Next up the Red Raiders will host a very good West Virginia team on January 3rd.