Well, this is it folks. The end of 2016 for your Red Raider football team. The last chance to see some players who have put their heart and soul into this team for 4 or more years don the Scarlet (hopefully) and Black. Although we may not like how these players have performed on the field at times, they are still our Red raiders.
Malik Jenkins - LB
Justis Nelson - DB
Quinton White Jr - RB
Thierry Nguema - DB
Keenon Ward - DB
Reginald Davis - WR
These are just a few of the higher profile members of our senior class that have had an impact on our team. These players were recruited as long ago as 2012 by former coaches such as Sonny Cumbie, Matt Wallerstedt, and Chris Thomsen.
- Baylor QB Seth Russell dislocated/fractured his foot 2 games ago and the Bears will look to 6’4 225 pound freshman Zach Smith today as they did last week against Kansas St. Smith went 27-45 for 258 yards with 3 TDs and 3 interceptions in a 42-21 loss in Waco.
- It has been rumored that Baylor will be wearing all white uniforms with a gold-chrome BU on the helmet. The RED Raiders will hopefully be wearing red of some sort as they usually do in the annual BU-TT bowl.
- Baylor has won 5 straight against Tech, with this being the 6th straight year they have met in Arlington
- Jonathan Giles is only 23 yards behind legendary Red Raider Wes Welker for 10th in career receiving yards
- QB Patrick Mahomes is 243 yards shy of 5,000 all purpose yards, a mark he has hit once in his career before. Case Keenum hit the 5,000 yard mark 3 times, and is the only player to have gained 5,000 twice
Total Offense TTU - 558 ypg (2) BU - 521 ypg (6)
Passing Offense TTU - 451.8 ypg (1) BU - 265.6 ypg (35)
Rushing Offense TTU - 105.7 ypg (123) BU - 255 ypg (11)
Total Defense TTU - 547 ypg (128) BU - 413 ypg (70)
Passing Defense TTU - 310.2 ypg (125) BU - 199 ypg (12)
Rushing Defense TTU - 236.9 ypg (117) BU - 213.5 ypg (99)
How To Watch
The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN, and is scheduled to kick off at 5:00pm CST. With it being Baylor and Tech, it should be over sometime around 10:30 or 11:00 with about 52 commercial breaks. The commentating team will be Clay Matvick and Dusty Dvoracek with sideline reporter Shelly Smith.
As always, abide by the rules and regulations of Viva the Matadors, and have fun watching the last 2016 Red Raider football game. You never know which players or coaches might not be back for next year.