Do you love Texas Tech baseball? Then do we have an opportunity for you.
Viva The Matadors is looking for a baseball writer. If this piques your interest, keep reading to find out if you might be the perfect fit.
What qualifications should you have?
Duties will include writing baseball game previews, recaps, and profiles; hosting or appearing on the site’s baseball podcast, and putting together video analyses of the team. This is a part-time, contract position that will be performed remotely and is compensated with a monthly stipend.
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for Texas Tech and is already familiar with the culture and community at Viva The Matadors.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have a strong understanding of the game of baseball.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous writing experience about Texas Tech or sports in general is preferred.
How do you apply?
Submit a resume, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best candidate for this role, and a baseball-related writing sample via our Vox Media Careers page. You will not be considered for this role if you do not submit all three items.
If you have questions about this role, the application process, or Viva The Matadors or SB Nation in general, contact Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. If your experience and qualifications do not exactly align with what we’re looking for, but you believe you can thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.