Texas Tech football is in full swing and a promising basketball season is also on the horizon.
The Red Raider football team has a chance to make a decent bowl game and the basketball squad is poised for a breakout year. There’s a lot of work to do on the field and on the court though, and that goes for us here at Viva The Matadors as well.
We want to bring you the best Texas Tech football coverage around. We want to bring you what you want to read, not what you’re told to read. We want to tell stories written by fans, for fans. The best stories and columns are written by those who are passionate about Red Raider football. With so much green grass seemingly ahead of us this season, I know you’ve got something to say. That’s why we’re asking you, the fan, to come write with us.
To be a successful contributor here, you’ll need:
- To be very comfortable using all social media platforms, specifically Twitter and Facebook
- To have a relatively flexible schedule, so if something breaks, you could possibly help out
- The ability to write, research, and craft a story with minimal hand-holding
- The ability to come up with, and execute, at least two weekly story ideas, which will be put on a schedule
- The ability to meet deadlines
- A real passion and love for Texas Tech Athletics
As for writing experience, it’s not necessary, but it is definitely an added bonus. Viva The Matadors is changing, and we want you to be a part of it. If you’ve got a drive to write, and a passion for Tech athletics, then VTM is the place to get started.
If you’re interested, you can send me a writing sample and your Twitter handle at zachmasonsports[at]gmail[dot]com, or shoot me a DM on Twitter @ZachMasonSports. You can find all of those links through my clickable username above the article photo.
I look forward to hearing from you!