Well that felt fabulous! Tubby Smith's Red Raiders are playing as hot as any team in the country right now. The Big 12 is arguably the best conference in the country and Tech just beat the #21, #13, and #3 teams in the country back to back to back. How is that for a NCAA tournament resume? The effort and guts these men played with tonight was inspiring. If you watched the game you could tell that every player believed they could win and win is what they did. Gotcher's hustle, Gray's defense, and Ross' offense were just a few of the reasons why this team believed.
Post season is a certainty now and if Tech wins two more games I believe a bid to the big dance will be in order.
- Aaron Ross was the leading scorer tonight with 17 points and 3 rebounds.
- Tech was 10 for 17 (59%) at the free throw line tonight. This was the ugliest part of the game for us and could have cost us the win.
- Buddy Hield was held to 16 points tonight. Justin Gray guarded him most of the night and deserves a game ball.
- The ESPN telecast showed Tech's last win over a top 5 team was March 1, 2008. After seeing the way this program is developing I do not think it will be another 7 years before it happens again,
- Tech played 9 players tonight and every single one of them contributed in a major way.
- It was pointed out to me that Davis Webb attended the game and that is why we won. I report, you decide.