The Red Raiders started the season the only way a team should, with a win. Granted you are supposed to blowout Houston Baptist, but it was nice to see Tech take care of business. I am not going to say the night was perfect because the team has plenty to work on. It was very apparent early in the game that these guys are still learning to play together. If you ask me that will be the most interesting part of watching the Red Raiders this season.
- The Starting 5 changed a little from what we thought. I can actually see this happening over the next couple of weeks while Beard is trying to find the right combinations. Evans, Smith, Ross, Livingston, and Millinhaus were tonight's starting five.
- Keenan Evans led all scorers with 28 points going 5/5 from three.
- I enjoyed seeing Coach Beard on the bench tonight. I really think he is the right guy and brings so much energy and intensity for the team to feed on. At one point Tech was up twenty three points with eight minutes to go and Chris Beard was up and yelling in their faces during a timeout.
- I was surprised to hear tonight that Odiase was out with a foot injury and it sounds like it will be at least a couple of weeks before he is back. I wonder if this has anything to do with the same injury that kept him out over a month last season. Let's hope for a speedy recovery so he can build chemistry with the new team before January gets here.
- Next up the Red Raiders will play North Texas on November 15th at 6:30 in Lubbock.