The Red Raiders resumed play tonight after a week off for final exams and any worries they would be rusty were put to bed early. UT Martin is not a very good team so to see Tech take care of business by dominating the first half felt really good. The half time lead was 23 and never got less than about a dozen the rest of the way. Toddrick Gotcher led the way scoring 20 points, going 6 of 8 from three point land, and grabbing 6 boards. I thought Tech's defensive intensity really showed up in the last 5 minutes of the 1st half which ultimately put the game out of reach for UT Martin the rest of the way. Odiase decided he would show off his ability to make 18 foot jump shots tonight. If he can bring that consistently it will spread defenses and create all sorts of opportunities.
- 28 points in the paint. This was not all from the bigs as everyone was driving to the basket.
- Zack Smith had 8 points tonight, but is still struggling to put a complete game together on the offensive side.
- Justin Grey is such a big boost coming off the bench. He had 15 points tonight.
- Season leading scorer Devaugntah Williams had an off night shooting 2/7 for only 4 points.
- The team shot 42% from the field and 58% from the the free throw line.
Post Game Video:
The team gets another week off then will play a good South Dakota State team on December 16th.