Don Williams, of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal released a few updates on some players that have not been on the field lately. All of these are from our fearless leader.......
- IR Ian Sadler is targeted for a "November return", and will miss another 4 games. This is a big hit for the inside group, and if Ian can come back on time, it would mean he would only be available for the last 3 games of the year.
- Dylan Cantrell, who missed the opener with "back spasms", still has not played this year and the possibility of red shirting him seems rather likely. Kliff said the decision to RS him would be made at the mid-point of the season which is next week.
- In regards to the safeties, Jalen Barnes is back to working with the team. Derrick Dixon is till on the team, but has not returned to working out with his teammates.
- With the amount of receivers that have been injured, red shirts have started to come off, and more could be coming. As of right now, true freshmen Quan Shorts, a 3-star prospect from Humble, TX, and Donta Thompson, a 3-star out of Ennis were mentioned. Kliff said "When you're 3 guys down, you start looking at all the scenarios". As of right now the staff does not plan on using these players yet.
- Nothing new was mentioned about Mahomes or Lauderdale, however Kliff did count Lauderdale as one of the 3 guys that are "down".