Richard Moore - Linebacker (Cedar Hill HS, Cedar Hill, TX)
Interest: Baylor (Warmer), A&M (Warm), Oklahoma *(Warm), Texas Tech (Cool)
We first noted Richard Moore when Kliff and Co visited Cedar Hill after the quiet period ended in January. Cedar Hill won the State Championship in the 5A division II this past November, and many players on the team are being scouted by colleges. Some other recruits that Tech are after are high 4-star WR DeMarkus Lodge and 3-star RB Aca'Cedric Ware. Richard Moore recently told WreckEm247 that he is taking the process school and keeping his options open. Landon Wright then reveled that Moore will be looking to visit Lubbock soon. While it looks like Baylor is in the lead right now, Texas Tech is still very much in the race. With the Red Raiders only having two linebackers in the 2014 and 2015 classes thus far, they will look to add a few more this class. Now let's take a look at what Moore can do on film. Moore is similar to Hinton in which he's a faster type of linebacker who can smack a guy hard. He can chase down players and make them work their way up the field. This should help when RBs/QBs get to the outside or on a WR screen. The speed could also help with guarding receivers as well. The main difference between the two is that Hinton is a faster, while Moore is bigger in size. Both LBs are hard hitters and make ball carriers pay though. It still looks like Moore is a ways away from making any decision, but hopefully a visit to Lubbock will help him lean towards the Red Raiders.
KJ Hill - Wide Receiver (North Little Park, Bryant, AR)
|123.66 (Highest among WRs)
Interest: Arkansas (Warmer), Auburn (Warm), Alabama (Warm), Texas Tech (Cool)
KJ Hill has been on Tech's radar for a while now. Just two weeks ago, Eric Morris visited Arkansas to pay a visit to Hill and watch him and a teammate play. Many coaches have visited North Little Park to take a look at the Arkansas product. Arkansas seems to be in the lead right now, making sense since he's from there. Alabama is also up there, as the coaches have paid plenty of visits to him. According to 247, Auburn and Oklahoma State are also up on Hill's radar. Let's take a look at what Hill can do on the field now. What's so unique about KJ's game is his athleticism and shiftiness for being a 6 ft WR. He uses spins, jukes and even simple cuts to break free from defenders or get those few extra yards. Hill can also breakout from corners when given room. Another big aspect to his game is the ability to play big. Numerous times the QB just throws it up, and Hill uses his great vertical and hands to grab the ball. His ability to also useful in the red zone, where all of Hill's aspects can be used. It'll be difficult for Texas Tech to grab Hill, but he would be a huge addition if he does chooses Tech. Texas Tech is looking to add a big receiver or two to this class.
Jozie Milton - Defensive Tackle (Silliman Institute, Clinton, LA)
Interest: LSU *(Warm), Arkansas (Warm), Mississippi State (Warm), Texas Tech (Cool)
Milton has really rised up the charts lately. Multiply teams have stopped by and will stop by, including Texas Tech, who could be there sometime this week. Texas Tech offered the Defensive Tackle back in February, and since then, many teams have offered the DT. The lead that is likely highest on Milton's list is LSU, who has yet to offer the DT. Along with being from Louisiana, he has been to several LSU camps and unofficially visited the campus. If LSU decides to offer when they look at Milton, he could commit. Let's now take a look at what Milton can do on film. Milton has the explosiveness on the line to squeeze his way through the offensive line and become a threat in the backfield. Adding that extra speed always helps a defensive linemen when trying to get into the backfield, giving the opposition less time to react to the play. Of course, when that doesn't work, Milton possess enough strength in the body to get into the backfield also. Something you can't measure though is effort, and it looks as if Milton has it. There are plays on his film where it looks like Milton can no longer make an impact on the play, but he doesn't give up and ends up helping bringing down the carrier. Also, if you look at the 40 time from the ESPN profile, Jozie has increased his time since then, and likely has in other statistical categories too. With Texas Tech's main position need being D-linemen, Tech will definitely keep on Jozie Milton to increase their talent.
Here are some updates:
- Cool little story here on Vincent Testaverde Jr. Explains why he is going to walk-on at Tech
- Kisean Allen, NR S, has signed a preferred walk-on spot at Texas Tech. Only offer was from Angelo State, and is teammates with 2015 recruits Malik Jefferson and DeAndre McNeal.
- Mason McClendon, NR QB, will sign a preferred walk-on spot with Houston now instead of Texas Tech. With Testaverde, Mahomes and others coming to campus, this shouldn't be something to worry out.
- Shane Henry, NR JUCO PF, will visit Texas Tech, Louisiana Tech and maybe Virginia Tech. Seth C knows about this
- Mike Mitchell, 2013 5-star LB, has narrowed his list to Baylor, Texas Tech and Texas A&M according to CBS's Jeremy Fowler. Mitchell visited Texas Tech back during the Spring Game.
- Reggie Walker, 91 rated DE, has named a Top 3 in Mississippi State, K-State and Texas Tech. The Red Raiders offered back in February and have been after him since.
- Arthur McGinnis, 86 rated OLB, has said the Red Raiders are one of the top 6 teams that are pursuing him the most. The OLB looks to be leaning towards A&M right now.
- Mike Freeze, 83 rated OLB/S, was offered by the Red Raiders last week, but decided to commit to TCU this weekend.
- Jaylon Lane, 89 rated CB, will visit Texas Tech this summer. Tech was the first school he visited when he was a DB at San Angelo, and Tech finally offered him a couple weeks ago. Once was committed to Ole Miss before decommiting.
- Caleb Potter, 86 rated JUCO LB, released his Top 10 on Thursday, with Texas Tech included in the list. At one point he mentioned committing on May 5th, but hasn't done so yet.
- Jarrett Stidham, 96 rated QB, has earned an invite to the Opening and is in the Elite 11. He beat out QBs like Kyler Murray to get the invite. Davis Webb was also a part of the Elite 11 in 2012.
- Kyler Murray, 98 rated QB, will visit Auburn and commit after his baseball season. The decision will likely come down to Oregon, Auburn, Texas A&M and Texas Tech. He wishes to play both sports in college. If I had to guess where he goes, I would say Oregon. SBNation recently wrote a story about him.
- Du"vonta Lampkin, 90 rated DT, has listed his top 3 of Texas, Oklahoma and OKST. Texas Tech offered right after he decommitted from Oklahoma, but doesn't look like they will be players for Lampkin. Fehoko has been talking to him though.
- Jaelan Austin, 84 rated WR, will be making his decision on May 21st. Texas Tech has been listed as the favorite for about a month now.
- Austin Grandstaff, 96 rated SG, has committed to Ohio State. Texas Tech offered him just last week, but Grandstaff already pulled the trigger and choose OSU. Another DFW product committed to OSU is Mickey Mitchell, Mike Mitchell's brother.
- Esa Ahmad, 92 rated PF, has been offered by Texas Tech. The Ohio forward looks to be leaning towards WVU, Maryland and Ohio State at this point. OSU can't have everyone though.
- Aaron Falzon, 90 rated PF, has been offered by Texas Tech. The Massachusetts has BC and Harvard atop his list thus far.
- Kevin Puryear, NR SF, has said that K-State, Mizzou, SDST, Nebraska and Texas Tech are recruiting him the hardest. Only offers thus far are from Creighton, Miami (OH) and OKST.
- Noah Bramlage, NR PF, has been hearing from Texas Tech lately, along with Harvard, Iowa and Northwestern.
- Sidney Murray, NR DE, has planned a visit to Texas Tech on May 24th. The DE is also being is looked at by Appalachian State, Midwestern State, Nebraska and Texas A&M.
NORAD Kliff Tracker
Here we go, another addition of the NORAD Kliff Tracker, as we take a look at where all these assistants. This week, they went as far south as Houston, as north as DFW, as east as Louisiana and as west as Hawaii.
- April 29th, 2014: Texas Tech went to Forney, TX today to check on Rice commit Hunter Herndon, an 82 rated TE. With Amaro leaving, the Red Raiders are looking for a TE in the 2015 class. Chris Clark looks to be going elsewhere and Jordan Davis will likely stay committed to A&M.
- April 30th, 2014: Wallerstedt and Curtis were at Summer Creek HS, where Texas Tech signee Dakota Allen went to school. One recruit they could've been looking at DeUnte Chatman, an 80 rated RB/LB.
- May 1st, 2014: Texas Tech was at Oak Ridge HS in Conroe, TX looking at some recruits. Some guys that could've caught their eyes are John Williams, 78 rated DT and Kwame Etwi, NR RB
- May 1st, 2014: Wallerstedt and Curtis were at Hightower in Missouri City, TX to look at some recruits. While there, they looked at Darius Anderson, 91 rated DT from 2016.
- May 1st, 2014: Not sure if this was a visit, but Hays talked with 2017 C Jack Anderson this week. Anderson has been throughout Texas (and Oklahoma) looking at colleges lately. His teammate, Trace Ellison, is committed to Tech.
- May 2nd, 2014: Eric Morris was in Hurst, TX at LD Bell HS looking at recruits. Some recruits he could've looked at are QB Davis Steelman, DB Michael Segako, DT Davis Dorsett and RB Daniel Dorsett
- May 2nd, 2014: Wallerstedt and Curtis were at Alief Taylor HS in Houston, TX to look at some recruits. While there, they looked at Kenneth McGruder, 86 rated S, Remi Olonade, NR ATH, and Wilan Antoine, NR CB.
- May 2nd, 2014: Texas Tech was in Hawaii and stopped by to see Breiden Fehoko. Wonder if they paid a visit to anyone else when on the island.
- May 5th, 2014: Texas Tech was at Warren Easton Senior in NOLA to look at Tyron Johnson, 96 rated WR, and Arthur McGinnis, 86 rated OLB. They also might've taken a look at A&M commit Deshawn Capers-Smith, 89 rated ATH. Look for the crew to head across Louisiana this week
- May 5th, 2014: Texas Tech stayed in Honolulu HI to look at Semisi Uluave, a NR OT. Looks like he knows Fehoko and has been talking with him.