Linebacker Will Smith was selected with the 238th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys.
Smith led the team in tackles with 120 for the year and he very much improved on his junior year, where he only had 56. Smith amassed 10.5 tackles for a loss in 2013 with only 1.5 in 2012. The significant increase of production likely led to Smith being drafted.
Smith was originally from Riverside Community College and was an afterthought of a commit after head coach Tommy Tuberville was there to visit another player. Smith apparently impressed Tuberville so much that he offered Smith a scholarship.
You can check out the audio of Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett and Rod Marinelli (and lots of other people, including maybe Spaulding) learn he's been drafted (via Dallas Cowboys).
Congrats to Smith for accomplishing one of his dreams.
- Recruiting on the South Plains | ATH Jonathan Giles Commits to Texas Tech
- Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro Selected 49th in NFL Draft by NY Jets
- The Weekender | May 9th-11th
- VIDEO | Reginald Davis and Dejan Kravic on Double T Insider
- Texas Tech News, Notes and Links | Amaro Waiting; Student Athletes of the Year