1. No Media Availability | Welp, apparently head coach Kliff Kingsbury has put the screws down on the media availability for the rest of the week or so. I'm not real good and trying to hypothesize into these sorts of things, but it does seem to coincide with what IR Jakeem Grant said regarding QB Michael Brewer's back injury. Then the scrimmage happened on Saturday and there hasn't been anything that has been reported on that.
I don't get too anxious about really anything and this is no different. Brewer may have a bit of a bad back, but all of this talk may be precautionary. It may just be letting some of the other guys go because he's got the job all sewn up. Brewer may be an absolute broken-man who can't even walk upright. I really don't know and I don't know how beneficial it is for your health to speculate. So we'll figure out other things to think about.
"Ever since I’ve known him, he’s been a scrappy guy," said Foster, the Tech running back and receiver. "He wants to get in there and be that guy that’s trying to make big hits. Bruce is a guy who’s probably around 5-8, but the way he plays the game, in his mind, he feels like he’s 6-3. I love that about him. He has confidence unlike anyone else."
And Jones hasn't changed his approach from last year:
"It’s the same as any year, I would say," Jones said. "A little bit more is expected out of me, from myself and from coaches, just because I’m a senior. I feel like it’s my time to do it. But as a corner, you’ve always got a lot of responsibility."
5. Kingsbury Answers Good Bull Hunting's Letter | This is real life. Head coach Kliff Kingsbury answered a letter from Good Bully Hunting. Go check it out!
6. Catching Up With Charbonnet | The LAJ catches up with former safety Daniel Charbonnet, who made the play in 2008 that set up the play in 2008. Go check it out. So all former players are in the oil and gas industry, right?
7. Quarterbacks and the Passes They Throw | Another good article idea from Football Study Hall, but if you ever wanted to how far the quarterbacks are throwing passes, then this is the article for you. Lots of great information here, I'll really want to look at Doege vs. Manziel in terms of where their passes are thrown.
More from Viva The Matadors:
- Looking Towards 2014 | The Texas Tech Offense
- Texas Tech Links on VTM | Soccer & Volleyball Start; Robertson at Bandit
- Red Raider Gridiron | Linebacker Preview; Bush Stepping Up; Morales Working Back
- Red Raider Gridiron | Brewer Dealing with Back?; Offense Looks to be Balanced
- RESULTS | Which Freshman Do You Think Will Have Their Redshirt season Removed?