Date | October 5, 2013
Time | 11:00 am CST
Good Guys | Texas Tech Red Raiders
Bad Guys | Kansas Jayhawks
Location | Memorial Stadium | Lawrence, Kansas
Weather | Showers, High 70, Low 47
TV | Fox Sports 1
Radio | Affiliates
Good morning and it's game day. The first game day thread goes up at 10:00 am.
- Soccer | The soccer team beat TCU, 2-0, last night and will host Arkansas Pine-Bluff on Sunday. I've got some highlights embedded below and the two goals were great, loved the cornerkick, then a header, and then another header to finish it off.
- Volleyball | The volleyball team is set to host West Virginia @ 1:00 pm today at the United Spirit Arena.
- Cross Country | The cross country teams are set to run in the Chile Pepper Festival in Fayetteville, Arkansas of all places (I don't really associate Chile Peppers with Fayetteville). There was also this pretty cool video of Kennedy Kithuka (and the other athletes) working out at 6:00 am and gets pretty specific with his training, which was neat.
Football | Lots of links this morning:
- The LAJ writes that Texas Tech hopes the week off prepares the Red Raiders for Kansas and the rest of the season.
- FSSW's LaDanian Tomlinson does a Q&A with Kliff Kingsbury and it's entertaining. Kingsbury talks about the difference between Kingsbury and Leach offenses and some off-the-wall things.
- KUSports does a Tale of the Tape and they also have a notebook.
- Rock Chalk Talk previews the game.