WHO IS GONE
|16||Michael Brewer||RS FR||6-1/183||Quarterback|
*As an aside, I left off who the walk-on players (Except for Walton and Costilla who I think are preferred walk-ons, but if we didn't include them there would be two quarterbacks!). You can see the entire roster here.
1. Michael Brewer is the leader in the clubhouse heading in the spring. Do you have any doubt that he'll be "the guy" starting 2013?
2. I think the more interesting part of the quarterback situation is who will back up Brewer? Who do you have as the back-up to Brewer?
3. I tend to think that a lot of people tend to overlook the fact that coming out of high school, Brewer only ran a 4.70 40-yard dash. Not exactly blazing, but he was incredibly productive. Nicholas supposedly runs a 4.71 and was a pretty good athlete coming out of Cooper as he played baseball and maybe could have gotten a scholarship pitching. The difference is that I don't think that Nicholas was asked to run in high school as Brewer ran 135 times as a senior and Nicholas ran 45 times as a senior. Johnny Manziel ran 200 times last year and Case Keenum ran just 57 times at Houston in 2011. That's quite a disparity. How many rushing attempts do you thing the quarterback has this year?
4. What do you think could tilt things in favor in someone other than Brewer?
5. Give your order for the depth chart for the quarterbacks.