My work life is really ruining my ability to do VTM things. We have a Q&A The Daily Gopher coming up later this morning as well as a preview of tomorrow's men's basketball game with North Carolina A&T in the afternoon. Tomorrow is the traditional prediction post and then it will be game time. Game time.
* Texas Tech Student Athlete Spotlight: Jaye Crockett - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site
* Transition Tech: Red Raiders accustomed to bowl-week coaching changes | Red Raiders | Here's WR Eric Ward on the coaching change:
"The last time a (head) coach changed, I was a redshirt freshman," Ward said. "It didn’t affect me then. This coaching staff is all I know since I’ve been playing. The coaching change really doesn’t affect me as a player. We’ve got the same scheme, still going to do the same things, same routine, so we just go out there and get the job done."
* Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas notebook: Minnesota triumphant in Rodeo Bowl | Red Raiders | The video below also has highlights of the Rodeo Bowl.
* Kill's work ethic, triumph over obstacles, inspires Minnesota players | Red Raiders | Coach Kill sounds like a really good guy and a good coach.
* Gophers football: Bowl foe, Texas Tech, plays on while coach is long gone - TwinCities.com | A reporter that reports on news-things actually wrote this:
After two seasons as coach at Texas Tech, Tommy Tuberville declined an extension and left the Red Raiders to fill the same position at Cincinnati on Dec. 8.
* Like Tech’s Thomsen, more interim coaches caught in the middle - Houston Chronicle
* Texas Tech vs. Minnesota 2012 Meineke Car Care Bowl preview - College Football - Bill Trocchi - SI.com
* Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas Preview: Can either team play defense?
* Big Ten-style offense could be key for Gophers
* Meineke Bowl: Minnesota vs. Texas Tech " Big Ten Network
* Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site - Football
Viva The Matadors
You can follow Viva The Matadors on Twitter @vivathematador. Visit the Viva The Matadors store via Game Day Depot.