I got caught up doing some things yesterday afternoon and evening so I didn't get to watch the men's or women's games from yesterday. The football links will be in a post that is scheduled to be posted later this morning.
* 23 Student-Athletes Earn Diplomas During Fall Commencement Exercises - Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site | Congrats!
* First Half Outburst Pushes Tech Past Northern Colorado - Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site
* Strong first half propels Lady Raiders past Northern Colorado, 68-41 | Red Raiders
* Lady Raider notebook: Nobles continues to progress | Red Raiders
MEN'S BASKETBALL | So it appears that the men allowed McNeese St. to shoot 55.9% from the floor, was out-rebounded by 7 rebounds and made only 51.9% of their free throws. That seems like some really important things not to do. Of course, Texas Tech has had 10 days off, it is not surprising that they are incredibly rusty, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them beat Alabama and/or Arizona St. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Texas Tech lose those games either. Not that a loss like this makes things better, but teams lose these sorts of games early in the season, Texas Tech just had not lost one until yesterday. Sometimes this is the needed motivation. Here is head coach Chris Walker acknowledging the work they need to do:
“If there’s anything I’m disappointed about,” Walker said, “forget the free-throw shooting and the 3-point shooting, because that’s happened to us before and we won, it comes down to coming down and getting stops and getting a rebound. That’s just something that we didn’t get done tonight.”
* Texas Tech Falls To McNeese State, 80-75 - Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site
* Poor second half costs Texas Tech in loss to McNeese State | Red Raiders
* Texas Tech notes: Loss provides extra sting for Josh Gray | Red Raiders
* Postgame Quotes: McNeese State 80, Texas Tech 75 - Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site