1. The Roll Bama Roll/Well That's Cool Sunshine Express - Roll 'Bama Roll | MIDLAND AND BIG SPRING DTN'ERS! HELP ALABAMA! This is pretty darned cool, some of the folks from Roll Bama Roll will be driving a truck from Compton, CA, to Tuscaloosa, AL and they'll be going through Midland and stopping in Big Spring and Dallas to pick up supplies to help the tornado victims. Also, keep in mind that the only people that helps America when in need are Americans.
2. Televison Contract Breakdown " | I thought this was pretty outstanding. Breakdown of 1st Tier and 2nd Tier television contracts for the BCS conferences.
3. Tomlinson Named to Brooks Wallace Award Watch List - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE | It's a big honor to be added to this list and SS Kelby Tomlinson has had an outstanding year thus far. Congrats!
4. Gentsch, Hamada Honored on Capital One Academic All-District Teams - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE | Congrats to these Lady Raider softball players!
5. Texas Tech Struggles in Regional First Round - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE | Yikes! Finishing in 23rd place after the first day . . . go ahead and put on your rally caps.
6. A&M Consolidated defensive lineman chooses Tech | Red Raiders | Full post on Texas Tech's newest commit, defensive tackle J.J. Bynum, coming up later later this morning.
7. Totally Texas Tech: New TTU Campus Pictures - 5/5/2011 Edition | As always, excellent work by TTU Red!
9. Gus Johnson may have called his final NCAA tournament game - The Dagger - NCAAB Blog - Yahoo! Sports | The internet has a collective sad-face with Johnson's departure from the NCAA Tournament, but he'll land on his feet and bring us all joy with his wonderful announcing.
10. Early-enrolling freshmen who could shine in 2011 | Two Red Raiders make this list, RB Ronnie Daniels and LB Blake Dees, go read the whole thing, but here are some bits:
RB Ronnie Daniels: Daniels put those questions to rest with an outstanding performance throughout spring practices. Tech fans got an up-close glimpse at his potential during the Red Raiders’ spring game, when Daniels carried the ball 11 times for 34 yards and caught a 20-yard touchdown pass. Receiver was one position Daniels could have moved to because of his long frame and terrific hands. He also has the physicality of a linebacker and simply wears down defenses when he runs the ball. The 11 guys on the other side of the line hate the thought of tackling Daniels at the end of games because of his terrific stamina and love of contact.
LB Blake Dees: Despite lacking the ideal height for a linebacker at 6-feet tall, Dees is a 240-pound mass of muscle with the body type of a third or fouth-year college player. He plays extremely physical and loves contact. While he’s big and bulky, Dees carries his weight well and is fairly quick from sideline-to-sideline. Most of all, he’s a competitor with the right frame of mind to come in and contribute immediately to a Texas Tech defense that has struggled.
There are 10, yes 10 more things after the jump. Best TTNN&L ever?
11. Twitter / @Neal Brown: 120 days until we kickoff ... | I think OC Brown is checking out DTN's countdown clock (in the left sidebar):
120 days until we kickoff the 2011 season at THE JONES!
12. Texas Tech offensive line preview: Red Raiders return entire line | College Sports Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | The Dallas Morning News | Not a lot of news here, the entire line from last year returns, sans for occasional blocking tight end, Chris Olson.
13. Spring Football: Kansas State - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site | The Big 12 takes a look at the hated Wildcats.
14. Ultimate Frisbee Trick Shot Bros Are Ultimate, Bros - From Our Editors - SBNation.com | My little brother plays Ultimate Frisbee and it wouldn't surprise me if he knew some of these bros:
Brodie Smith - Frisbee Trick Shots (via brodiesmith21)
15. Your Son And The Iowa State Cyclones - SBNation.com | Awesome preview from Bill Connelly about the Iowa St. Cyclones.
16. One last look at spring game attendance - Big 12 Blog - ESPN | The final numbers from Ubben and Texas Tech finished 5th in the attendance battle.
17. Big 12 Fanbase Interest by School by Sport - Cowboys Ride For Free | Fascinating post from CRFF where they take a look at the number of posts that were written about football vs. basketball. I had no idea that 66% of DTN posts were about football. Billy Clyde will change all of this (Go to CRFF for the full size graphic).
18. A Tech Effect? | Barking Carnival | A correlation between Texas Tech, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech.
19. Justice letter could signal big trouble for BCS - College Football - Rivals.com | Good stuff from Dan Wetzel, and Wetzel should know as he is the guy that wrote Death to the BCS.
20. Texas Tech spring wrap - Big 12 Blog - ESPN | Sounds about right.