1. YouTube - Four Eyed Jedi (hat-tip Twitter / @Brandon Rawe: ...and then there was the ...) | Okay, this is pretty awesome and deserves to be on the front page. This is LB Bront Bird and C Stephen Hamby fighting, then Bird results to a light-saber, all the while watching The Wizard of Oz. And you can see a ton of Hamby's work on what I think is his YouTube channel including some of Hamby's comedy musings. Enjoy.
Four Eyed Jedi (via ItsUnusuallyNormal)
2. Red Raiders Continue Road Trip Monday at Texas State - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE and Texas Tech Uses Late-Game Comeback to Defeat Texas State - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE and Red Raiders rally for victory over Bobcats | Red Raiders | I'm having a tough time keeping up with the baseball team, but they started a 2 game series yesterday and won the first game. And despite the team struggling in conference play, I think I forget that this team is 24-15 overall. And this team will stay on the road, going to Manhattan, KS for a 3 game weekend series with Kansas St.
3. Bullard guard Spears commits to join Lady Raiders in 2012 | Red Raiders | This is a 2012 commit, so it will be a while before she is on campus, but congrats to Minta Spears! Here's a bit from the article:
"I really feel like they’re on the upward rise to rebuilding the program," Spears said of Tech. "And I’m excited about hopefully contributing to that."
Spears averaged 21 points and 6.5 assists this season for Bullard, which reached the Class 3A regional quarterfinals.
4. Nurse signs with Tech - Mywesttexas.com: Sports | I think most of the quotes you've seen before, but I did like this bit at the beginning of the article:
Just two days after Billy Gillispie was hired as the new head coach of the Texas Tech men’s basketball program last month, he was at Midland College to watch Ty Nurse scrimmage and recruit the sophomore point guard.
Nurse said that was impressive to know that the coach, who could have been recruiting other players, took the time to see him. Gillispie saw Nurse scrimmage a few more times and was in constant contact with him over the next few weeks.
5. Stephon Marbury's Career Makeover in China: Profiles: GQ | Very fascinating article and well-written.
6. By The Numbers: Spring Game Attendance - CNBC | If I'm counting correctly, Texas Tech had the 22nd highest spring game attendance.
So much more after the jump. Well, actually 9 more things, but those 9 things are totally awesome.
7. Texas Tech Athletics | This is the Texas Tech athletics new Tumblr account and I'm still trying to figure out why people use Tumblr is the have a blog and they have a Twitter account and they have Facebook. Just out of curiosity, will you follow the new Tumblr blog? Do you "like" the TTU athletics department on Facebook? Do you follow them on Twitter? Just curious as to what's your limit.
8. How to Use Dropbox as a Killer Collaborative Work Tool | I've been using Dropbox lately on another project and although I'm not getting paid by Dropbox, this is a fantastic program and shout-out to my little brother for turning me onto Dropbox.
10. Oldest college bar celebrates 25 years here - The Daily Toreador: News | Bash Riprock's celebrates a birthday!
11. Scout.com: Is Simmons Supreme? | RP's Joe Yeager wonders if Delvon Simmons was the best signing in Texas Tech's history and takes a look back at other high-profile signings in the past.
12. BARON BATCH: Diary 27 (2ndHandImages) | RB Baron Batch continues to try to do good things. For those of you in the Midland area, Batch is selling a ton of his Texas Tech memorabilia on May 17th to start funding for his new non-profit company, 2ndHandImages. Go check it out.
13. Ten Observations From A Young, Young Baseball Season - Baseball Nation | I like baseball.
15. telegraphjournal.com - N.B. hurler chases dream with Phillies | Jeff Ducharme - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada | Former Red Raider Jay Johnson tries to catch on in the Phillies system.