In lieu of links, DTN asks five questions.
1. WHAT BOTHERS YOU THE MOST ABOUT SATURDAY'S WIN AND CONCERNS YOU LOOKING TOWARDS HOUSTON? | I tried to have my day yesterday (it didn't completely work, but I tried) of all positivity. I'll try to be more balanced today and ask you, even after the winning by 6 touchdowns, what bothers you the most from Saturday's win and looking ahead to the Houston Cougars?
2. WHAT WAS THE MOST POSITIVE THING FROM SATURDAY'S WIN? | And to be fair, what was the most positive thing from Saturday's win, whether it be a particular player or something else that got you excited, whether it be for the Houston game or for next year?
3. WHAT'S YOUR PREFERENCE FOR A BOWL GAME? | DMN's Chuck Carlton is predicting that Texas Tech will play UConn in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl (Yankee Stadium, New York, NY), while SI.com's Stewart Mandell is predicting an Illinois vs. Texas Tech matchup in the TicketCity Bowl (Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX). What's your preference?
4. DO YOU TAKE ANY COMFORT IN WHAT OC BROWN SAYS HE WANTS TO DO? | After the game, OC Neal Brown said something that I refer to all of the time, which is yards per attempt to determine how good a job a quarterback is doing in the passing game. Per LAJ's Don Williams:
"That was definitely an emphasis point coming into today," offensive coordinator Neal Brown said. "We wanted to throw the ball down the field.
"The passing stat that is telling is yards per attempt, and our yards per attempt hasn’t been real high this year. It was really high last year at Troy, and as our offensive line matures we’re going to throw the ball downfield more."
For those of you that think that OC Brown doesn't get it or that he doesn't want to throw the ball or throw the ball down the field, does this give you a bit more hope in that what he wants to do and what the offense actually does are two different things? Or should you be concerned that there's been a disconnect between what he wants and what's happened?
5. RE. THE BASKETBALL TEAM, WHAT'S THE BIGGEST SURPRISE AND BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT THUS FAR? | The basketball is team sits at 3-1, is there any point at which you will start to care about basketball (i.e. once conference play starts, or 10 games into the season) and what's been the biggest surprise and biggest disappointment from this very young season?
Miscellaneous: LAJ's Don Williams wrote on Sunday that that TE Ryan Haliburton will graduate early (and on the radio they said he was going into the Air Force -- God Speed Sir!) and OL Blake Emert will end his playing career . . . per DT's Chois Woodman, about 50 to 60 players from the football team, all voluntary, helped out the homeless and disadvantaged of Lubbock on Sunday night (kudos to those that helped!) . . .
As always, questions and confidence poll are after the jump.
1. WHAT BOTHERS YOU THE MOST ABOUT SATURDAY'S WIN AND CONCERNS YOU LOOKING TOWARDS HOUSTON?
2. WHAT WAS THE MOST POSITIVE THING FROM SATURDAY'S WIN?
3. WHAT'S YOUR PREFERENCE FOR A BOWL GAME?
4. DO YOU TAKE ANY COMFORT IN WHAT OC BROWN SAYS HE WANTS TO DO?
5. RE. THE BASKETBALL TEAM, WHAT'S THE BIGGEST SURPRISE AND BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT THUS FAR?