Today's the day where grown men rejoice or bemoan the decisions' of teenage boys, depending on whether or not such teenager chooses or doesn't choose your particular university. Remember, if a high school player doesn't choose Texas Tech, it's okay. No need to bad-mouth anyone, we'll be fine.
I've compiled a handful of players that I think are still undecided:
There is still a group of very talented players that I think are still deciding about whether or not they want to commit to Texas Tech. I don't think Texas Tech gets King, Graves, Wade and Blake, but I think there's a chance that we get two of these four. Here's what I'm hoping:
- That they all realize that Texas Tech has the highest graduation rate of any public university;
- That Wade sees what Ruffin McNeill can offer a kid who has recently lost a parent;
- That Blake sees what Mike Leach can do with talented receivers, as other programs offer no sort of track record;
- That King sees an opportunity to step in and play almost immediately, perhaps with his 2009 classmate, Brandon Mahoney; and
- That Graves knows that staying close to home is a good thing.
All of the other current commits are after the jump and don't be surprised if Texas Tech loses a couple of guys. The key of course has been that I think the bulk of players in this class: Karam, Gray, Clark, Cobb, Waddle, Williams, Ward, Bullitt, Stephens, Ford, Chidozie, Cathey, etc., have been committed for quite some time and as much as we are hand-wringing over the undecided players, these guys are the meat of the class and the staff did an excellent job of getting 90% of Texas Tech's class to commit much earlier than I can recall.
King, Wade, Blake and Graves would be the icing on the cake, and I'm sure the staff would make room for each and every one of these guys, somehow, but don't forget about the guys who aren't creating any last minute drama.
And just to remind everyone, I've got absolutely no inside information. My guess is as good as yours.
Unfortunately, I'm going to be busy for the rest of the day so I won't be around. Please keep it clean and cordial.