Double-T Nation News:
In no particular order, DTN's Top Five:
- Fanblogs.com breaks down all of this BCS Playoff mess. Good read.
- BON is alive with good discussion and Constitution talk.
- Need a new Colorado Buffaloes blog? Hells yes you do, I give you the well-done, The Ralphie Report.
- The Caleb Campbell story (via Hashmarks).
- When I saw this commercial last night I had a laugh out loud moment (BTW - there has got to be an easier way to get someone to throw away their gum):
Texas Tech Football:
I've done an awful job of covering recruits. The reason for this is two-folk. First, I don't have access to any of the premium websites, so I don't really have any frame of reference, and second, I don't know how much this matters until signing day (February). But when there is news, I'll cover it, especially when there's no other news.
LAJ's Don Williams reports that JUCO College of the Canyon defensive tackle, Jonathan Hollins, has officially committed to play for Texas Tech. DTN linked to a couple of articles last week as well as a link to his stats. Hollins is a persistent young man, who has tried to come to Texas Tech a number of times, only to be denied for one reaso or another. Here's Hollins:
"My dream's coming true,'' he said. "It shows not to ever give up. Just keep your trust in God and everything will work out for the better.''
Much congratulations to Hollins for believing and never giving up, when it would have been incredibly easy to do.
This isn't Texas Tech related, but the SpreadOffense.com has a wonderful look at passing routes for running backs in the spread offense. Really good breakdown, and although I don't think Texas Tech utilizes all of these routes, it's still worth your time this morning. BTW, this is an excellent resource for all things "spread offense". Lots of good resources here.