Double-T Nation News:
I've almost finished DTN's Big 12 Tournament preview. I should post this sometime tonight or tomorrow.
In no particular order, DTN's Top Six:
- Excellent series at the NY Times on sports scholarships. All good reads.
- Danny Ford Is God responds to the Ray Ray McElrathbey scholarship situation. Bravo.
- Rush the Court's mini preview of the Big 12 Tournament.
- Corn Nation on player arrested for maintaining a disorderly house.
- Butch Harmon drops John Daly because, "the most important thing in his life is getting drunk."
- Muck City, Florida - watch this (hat-tip to BC, who begot, MGoBlog, who begot EDSBS)
Texas Tech Basketball:
The results are in, on the Big 12 Blogger Postseason Awards.
LAJ's Jeff Walker talks with Texas Tech's Alan Voskuil about being named to the All-District First Team for District VII (TX, AK, and LA). Voskuil is obviously flattered, but not satisfied:
Hat-tip to DTN reader Jeff who let me know that former Red Raider, Kasib Powell, is having a helluva season in the D-League, averaging over 20 points, almost 6 boards, and 3 assists a game. You can also check out Kasib's website. Good work.
Texas Tech Baseball:
The Red Raiders win again (8-6) by beating the New Mexico Lobos 8-6 (boxscore). Here's the LAJ's game review. On the mound, freshman pitcher Robert Kilcrease lasted only 2.1 innings, giving up 2 hits, 4 runs, walking 4, and striking out none. The Texas Tech bullpen (Sam Janca 2.2, Brian Cloud 1.1, Owen Brolsma, 0.1, and Zach Stewart 2.1) came to the rescue pitching 6.2 innings of relief giving up 4 hits, 2 runs, walking 5, and striking out 4. Janca got his first win of the year and Stewart got his 2nd save of the year.
At the plate, Doug Thennis (2-5 with 2 RBI), Joey Kenworthy (1-3 with 3 RBI) and Jason Seefeld (3-4 with 1 RBI) led the Red Raiders. Something must be wrong with Roger Kieschnick as he couldn't seem to manage yet another home run.
Texas Tech Football:
Congrats to Spike Dykes who was inducted into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame last night in Waco, Texas. Go read the whole thing.