Double-T Nation News:
In no particular order, DTN's Top Eight:
- I'm not real sure what to say, but Uni Watch takes a look at the WFL and "position-based pants". You'll just have to trust me that this is a really crazy concept that quickly went away (rightfully so). Also linked is a wicked face mask from girls Iowa BB state tourney.
- I know that I shouldn't show favoritism, but son of a gun the Hawkeyes are on a roll. Dominique Douglas is wearing cash for a hat. No, really, he is.
- Barking Carnival asks why Dickie V gives the Horns no credit. Yes, I hate to admit it, but I'm a believer.
- Cal WR DeSean Jackson weighs 5 pounds more than me.
- Tony Kornheiser hates bloggers and Rock Top Talk takes him to task.
- Basketball Prospectus takes a look at the conferences heading into the NCAA tournament.
- This is just weird, Monta Ellis likes hot wax.
- Lone Star Ball, a Texas Rangers blog and daily read for me, is part of a media controversy.
Texas Tech Basketball:
DMN's Brandon George chronicles John Roberson's freshman year. PK on Roberson's progress thus far:
Martin Zeno has high praise for Roberson:
As does Voskuil:
PK notes the Roberson has got to quit the wild inside shots, but he's been good:
"But he has solid numbers for a freshman in the Big 12. He's proven he can play at this level. I couldn't ask for a better freshman to build this program around."
LAJ's Jeff Walker previews today's game with TAMU and notes that the Red Raiders are aware that the Aggies are desperate. Here's PK:
DMN's Chip Brown looks at the teams in the Big 12 conference who have a shot at the NCAA tournament, including Texas Tech. The Chron's Terrance Harris also notes that the race to a NCAA tournament birth is a game here or a game there.
Texas Tech Baseball:
LAJ's Brandon George previews today's game with New Mexico scheduled to begin at 4:00 p.m. at Isotopes Park as well as the official Texas Tech press release (pdf). Here's your pitching match-up:
- Up Next: Texas Tech v. New Mexico, Wednesday, February 27, 2008 @ 4:00 p.m. Russ Fornea (TT) (0-0) v. Jacob Norton (NM) (0-0).