Double-T Nation News:
In no particular order, DTN's Top Eight:
- FORL picked up some stuff at the Texas Tech athletic department clearance sale.
- Bring On The Cats makes a case for Michael Beasley as the Player of the Year. I tend to agree.
- Karl Malone confronts Charles Barkley.
- A pretty good explination from Mark Cuban as to why he did the Kidd deal.
- Tobacco and sports, UniWatch takes a look at the connection.
- Steve Nash is funny.
- Basketball Prospectus' John Gasaway takes a look at each conference as we gear up for the NCAA tournament.
- The Big Board for the Fulmer Cup is updated and Missouri is at the top.
Texas Tech Basketball:
LAJ's Jeff Walker previews tonight's game against Colorado and writes about how the Red Raiders hope to stop their road woes with the Buffaloes. PK had the team watch a movie on Tuesday instead of film and will be relaxing the dress code on away games, which might be a start:
Knight said he's also letting up on the travel requirements, allowing players to dress more casually on road trips than they have in the past. He said the players can now wear travel warm-up suits and a collared shirt as opposed to khaki pants that used to be required. He wants the players to feel as comfortable as possible, he said, like they were playing at home.
Texas Tech Baseball:
The College Baseball Blog notes that Texas Tech has been added to the UTSA Baseball Classic (official press release). Apparently, UTSA was kind enough to let the Red Raiders in their tournament after Northern Illinois canceled all games this weekend. LAJ's George Watson also has more on the Red Raiders now traveling to San Antonio. Here's Texas Tech's schedule for this weekend's games:
- Texas Tech v. Louisiana-Lafayette @ 10:00 a.m., Saturday, 2/23
- Texas Tech v. Army @ 10:00 a.m., Sunday, 2/24
- Texas Tech v. UTSA @ 2:00 p.m., Monday, 2/25