Double-T Nation News:
I over-slept this morning so I'm running a little late. I apologize in advance if the quality isn't there.
In no particular order, DTN's Top Five:
- Inside the Hall thinks Kelvin Sampson needs to go. Last night I asked if IU would trade Sampson for Pat Knight, with their current resumes. I'm pretty sure I'd make that trade.
- DMN blogger Tim MacMahon thinks that this is a perfect opportunity for RMK to go back to IU. I just can't see that happening, at least right now, but things are unfolding a little too nicely to be coincidental.
- Barking Carnival notes that players and "coaches" on the field will receive a 5 yard penalty.
- Ken Pom gives you three candidates for the Final Four, one of those teams included Kansas State.
- One more note on Sampson, the Indy Star wants something to happen sooner rather than later. Sampson is a joke of a coach who thinks he's above the rules. IU is too good for Sampson.
Texas Tech Basketball:
LAJ's Jeff Walker has his game story from last night's win over K-Stateand Pat Knight's first win at Texas Tech and as a collegiate head coach. Pat seemed pretty happy last night:
Martin Zeno, who was sick with the flu, came up big last night scoring in and around the paint:
Walker also writes about the fans welcoming PK, as well as the pre-game introductions.
DMN's Brandon George writes his game review from the win over the Wildcats. Voskuil liked getting the win for PK and appreciated the new player introductions:
"That felt great, coming out fired up," Voskuil said. "It got the crowd into it."
An excellent review of the game.
The Kansas City Star's Howard Richman notes that the K-State players know that they only held the lead in the Big 12 for 48 hours. I also thought that this quote from Voskuil about the Beasley technical foul was interesting:
Texas Tech Football:
Yes, someone should be fired. College football games are not too long, they're perfect. Stop effing with the game we love.