Keeping You Busy. This is the worst time of the year. I mentioned this before that as Texas Tech fans, we are lucky that we had baseball and then we sorta had the World Cup to distract us. Now, we really only have about a month before football practice starts. I'm normally killing 2 months this time of year. #blessed And keep coming back through the weekend. I'm not sure what I'll do, but if anything comes up, I'll be posting. To help in this process, I'm going to try to post previews for the SB Nation previews that Bill Connelly has completed thus far:
* The big 2014 Kansas football guide: What now for the Jayhawks? - SBNation.com
* The big 2014 Iowa State football guide: From slow build to rebuild - SBNation.com
* The big 2014 Baylor football guide: History is of no consequence - SBNation.com
* The big 2014 West Virginia football guide: Can Holgorsen stop the slide? - SBNation.com
* The big 2014 Kansas State football guide: Dark horses or simply favorites? - SBNation.com
And if you need to get patriotic right before the 4th of July, here's a story about Francis Scott Key and the battle of Fort McHenry from his perspective.
Top Underclassman Heisman Candidates. Our very own QB Davis Webb made a list of top underclassmen Heisman candidates:
7. Davis Webb, QB, Texas Tech, Soph. - Quarterbacks that put up gaudy statistics are often mentioned in Heisman conversations, and Webb and the Red Raiders offense will rack up yards and score points. Webb went 226-of-361 for 2,718 yards with 20 passing touchdowns and nine interceptions and a 139.1 passing efficiency in 10 games (six starts) last season. In one stretch he had at least 30 completions in five consecutive games. Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury has raved about Webb this offseason, so expect him to be slinging the ball all over the field this fall.
Now We Get the Politicians. Again, trying to keep our standard rule, but with the trail concluding last week between O 'Bannon vs. the NCAA, we now have Congress wanting a hearing with the NCAA. This will be incredibly entertaining.
Tadlock Named ABCA Regional Coach of the Year. Congrats to head coach Tim Tadlock, who continues to add to his resume, as he was named the 2014 American Baseball Coaches Association Midwest Region Coach of the Year by 32 fellow head baseball coaches!
Brummitt with US Collegiate National Team. Great for the program as Rachel Brummitt recently had the opportunity to train with the US Collegiate National Team.
Chillin 4 Charity -- Part 2. Marsha Sharp and Alesha Robertson get dunked to help raise money for the Kay Yow Cancer Fund! Marsha Sharp is just the best.
- Gabe Rivera to be Inducted to Texas Tech Ring of Honor
- Why Additional Defensive Line Depth is Critical for Texas Tech
- Texas Tech Links: Football Makes Top 32; Grant Third Best in Big 12; Eyewitness to Bethel
- 2014 World Cup: Belgium vs. United States Open Thread
- Possible Red Raiders: A Weekly Recruiting Update - 7/1/14