Official Notes Released. The official site has released notes for the game and right now, the only starter that has been announced for Texas Tech is Saturday starter Chris Sadberry. The first two games will be on ESPNU and the last game (if necessary) will be on ESPN2, which means that I'll now be able to watch the games. Just in case you are planning your Saturday, the first game starts at 12:05 pm, the Sunday game starts at 2:05 pm and the Monday game starts at 12:05 pm.
As far as this weekend is concerned, there will not be a Weekender post because we'll have a game thread for each game (which includes a preview) rather than a weekend thread. And if I'm around, I'll have a post game thread.
If you are going to the game, the official site has a fan information sheet that tells you what you can bring and what you cannot bring to the game, parking, etc.
The Big 12 Hosting All of the Super-Regionals. TCU, Oklahoma St., Texas and Texas Tech all are hosting Super-Regionals this weekend (actually only half) and the FWST and the DMN take a look at the Big 12 overall.
10 Thoughts on the Super-Regionals. If you need something light to read about the Super-Regionals starting this weekend, this is a good place to start:
6. TECH TURNAROUND: Texas Tech second-year head coach Tim Tadlock has overseen one of the nation's biggest turnarounds. The Red Raiders, who play host to College of Charleston, are 43-19 -- a 17-win improvement from 2013. They've won 14 in a row in Lubbock, Texas, and their 31 home wins are tied for third most in the nation.
Ready to Shock the World. The College of Charleston and their team are ready to shock the world. As much as we think of Texas Tech as being an upstart, the Cougars are very similar and whoever wins this weekend will punch their first ticket to the College World Series. They are a bit surprised to be at this point in the season, but they are a confident group:
"It's a bit of a shocker," Cougars outfielder Brandon Murray said. "But we're extra confident, right now, going into this weekend."
Lee's belief in his club grew after opening weekend when a team that went 31-26 and missed the postseason in 2013 took two of three from North Carolina, which played in the CWS last June.
Lee brought untested freshman Bailey Ober out of the bullpen in the opener and he responded with five shutout innings for a 7-4 win against the Tar Heels. Two days later, sophomore lefty Eric Bauer worked six strong innings as the Cougars won again, 3-1.
College of Charleston's Expenses. I thought this was a bit interesting as the some of the folks worked through how the College of Charleston would pay for their trip to Lubbock, which is about $55,000, and how the NCAA helped secure a charter flight on their behalf. In any event, the teams also don't receive any sort of bonus for getting to a the NCAA Tournament or a Super-Regional.
- 2013 Texas Tech Stats: What They Mean
- Texas Tech Links: Dusek & Smith FR All-Americans; Kithuka is Bowerman Finalist; Pitching to Shine
- George Whitfield Talks Texas Tech Commit QB Jarrett Stidham
- Texas Tech Links: Baseball Team Returns Home; College of Charleston Ready; Track and Field Heading to NCAA's
- Possible Red Raiders: A Weekly Recruiting Update - 6/3/14