KeKe Coutee - Wide Receiver / Cornerback (Lufkin HS, Lufkin, TX)
Interest: Oklahoma (Warm), Texas Tech (Warm), Texas (Warm), Arkansas *(Warm)
I haven't really talked about KeKe Coutee at all, mostly because I didn't really know about him. Coutee is a Rivals250 recruit from Lufkin who played mostly receiver, but is listed as an ATH and could also play CB. The main reason why I haven't heard about Coutee is because he committed to Texas back in 2013. However, once Mack Brown left shop and Charlie Strong took over, KeKe Coutee opened up his recruitment. That let teams like Oklahoma and Texas Tech get back in the mix. While looking at Coutee's 247sports profile, I discovered that his Crystal Ball prediction predicted he would commit to Texas Tech. That being said, the last time someone submitted a prediction was late March. Also, if you look at stories on Rivals that include Coutee, there is one where a leader is named. That info is behind a paywall, but my guess would be either Oklahoma or Texas Tech. He attended a Texas Tech camp in Longview last week and ran a 4.38, which is where I got a 40 time from. As far as I'm concerned, that is the only camp he's attended thus far. It's now time to look at film of KeKe Coutre, but unfortunately he doesn't have a highlight film. Here is his hudl if you're bored and want to look at individual plays, but here is what I saw if you don't want to. KeKe lives up to the ATH tag, as he is versatile and can play many ways. There are a couple plays where he gets handed the ball and makes jukes and cuts to find his way through traffic and down field. He also catches passes down field where he athletically jumps or dives for the ball, securing it for a big gain. I can see why he is also listed as CB. KeKe can quick feet (as evident of the 4.38 speed) and cut great, which is key for a speedy cornerback. He's only listed as 5'10", but he makes plays that make him seem at least 4 inches taller at time. KeKe Coutee would be a great athlete is pick up for the 2015 class.
John Humphrey - Wide Receiver / Cornerback (Clear Falls, League City, TX)
|Height||Weight||40 time||Shuttle||Vertical||Power Throw||SPARQ|
Interest: Oklahoma (Warm), Baylor (Warm), Texas Tech (Cool), TCU (Cool)
John Humphrey was a Texas Tech target for a while, but committed to Baylor back in late April. However, news came out yesterday that John had decommitted from Baylor and opened his recruitment back up. He isn't the first recruit to decommit from Baylor, as Tech target Louis Brown did so two weeks ago. Back to John, he had taken visits to both Oklahoma and TCU before decommitting yesterday. Apparently, OU wants him as a WR, while Baylor prefers him to be a CB. Baylor's SB Nation site Our Daily Bears knows more about it than me. As for Tech, I'm not sure weather they want him as a WR or a CB, or even if they're still in the running for Humphrey. I bet that the staff will at least consider Humphrey since he decommitted from the Bears. Now, let's take a look at what Humphrey's can do on film. Humphrey, like Coutee, is also a tremendous athlete who is versatile. He can change directions incredibly fast, and uses his length to haul in balls far away from him. That also helps when he plays CB and needs to knock the ball away from the opponent, as evident in the highlights. Humphrey is simply a play maker that would make any program better. While it looks like Oklahoma will get him (and possibly TCU), Tech is not yet out of the running. Hopefully they will make a move for him.
Here are some more updates:
- Darrion Daniels, 88 rated DT, visited Texas Tech for a 2nd time in 4 weeks last week. He likely visited for Texas Tech's Lubbock camp. Many people still believe Daniels will end up at Baylor.
- Kahlil Haughton, 86 rated S, visited Lubbock again yesterday. This is his second visit to Tech, as he visited for Junior Day also. Right now, Kahlil is predicted to go to Baylor.
- Corey Dauphine, 84 rated RB, will be rechoosing where he will go to college around the middle of the football season. With several new offers in and supposedly wanting to be close to family, he decided he needed to rethink his decision.
- Richard Moore, 87 rated LB, committed to Texas A&M is past week. He committed shortly after 5-star WR and teammate DeMarcus Lodge committed to the Aggies. Tech has one LB in the class with Hinton thus far.
- Breiden Fehoko, 97 rated DT, has teased another big commit for the class. The last time he did so, nobody committed right away, but Mike Mitchell committed a month and a half later (Breiden was likely talking about him).
- Dru Samia, 88 rated OG, received an offer from Texas Tech after his performance at the All Poly Sports camp. This is his 9th offer. He lives in California and has visited basically every Pac-12 school on the west coast.
- Ryan Newsome, 91 rated ATH, has named his Top 5 and Texas Tech did not make the cut. Newsome has had several new offers and visits since his last visit to Tech. However, all because we're not in his Top 5 doesn't mean it's over.
- Tyron Johnson, 97 rated WR, recently spoke with SB Nation about his recruitment. He said he had no favorite, but LSU and TTU were at the Top. He plans to announce a Top 5 soon, and TTU, LSU and A&M will make the list. Tyron said coaches are his main focus, not the flashy stuff. Finally, he plans to announce his decision at the UA All American Game.
- Garrett Thibodeaux, NR Forward, visited Texas Tech last week and really enjoyed his visit. Garrett is a big SF from Tyler that could probably play PF. He doesn't have a recruiting profile. Tech has not offered
- D'Eriq King, 91 rated 2016 ATH, will visit Texas Tech on July 15th. He got an offer from the Red Raiders at their Houston camp two weeks ago.
- Collin Wilder, 2016 S commit, was rated an 86 by 247, with a composite rating of 88. None of the other recruiting sites have rated him. Not a bad commit for the 2016 class.
- Gregory Little, 99 rated OT, committed to A&M this past week. He visited Tech with teammate Kyler Murray back in February, but ultimately followed his teammate to the Aggies. He is the highest rated recruit in the 2016 class.