Good afternoon everyone. You can still comment in the Post Game Thoughts or you can consider this your game thread for tonight's game on ESPN Air Force vs. Boise St. @ 7:00 pm CST.
- Lost before yesterday's game was this bit from Grantland's Holly Anderson who talked a bit with HC Kliff Kingsbury about QB Baker Mayfield (scroll down a bit). There's some good stuff there, but the thing that stood out to me was Kingsbury's comments on Mayfield accuracy, that it was Case Keenum like:
He reminds me of both those guys, of Case [Keenum] and of Johnny [Manziel]. He's not as fast as Johnny, but he's got that same type of fearless, cut-it-loose attitude, and he's a really accurate passer, naturally, like Case, which in my opinion is just something some people have and some don't. To be that way at that early an age is pretty impressive.Kinbsbury also talks about how the system at Lake Travis helped Mayfield get ahead in the quarterback battle and I do believe that. Quite simply, I think the accuracy that Mayfield has is what will allow him to keep the job for the time-being. TCU will make a lot of QB's look bad and it's tough for a true freshman.
- Good stuff from Brandon Rawe with WR Bradley Marquez:
- The official site has an article where they have actual quotes from legend Tommy McVay about Kingsbury as a player
- The Eff That Girl (hat-tip OhSoMexicellent via Reddit/cfb):
- Football Outsiders with a terrific preview of some of the big games this weekend.