Date | September 12, 2013
Time | 6:30 pm CST
Good Guys | Texas Tech Red Raiders
Bad Guys | TCU Horned Frogs
Location | Jones AT&T Stadium | Lubbock, Texas
Weather | Sunny, High 89, Low 62
TV | ESPN
Radio | Affiliates
LINKS | These are your morning links:
- Did you think that we were done this week because it was "game day"? Heck no we're not done. We'll have this post chock full of links, then later this morning, an exclusive Q&A with myself and SARR . . . AND an exclusive Q&A with the SFA bell ringer. You can thank SARR the last bit. This is why VTM is the best. Make sure and check back multiple times today. I should also mention that SARR will be manning the VTM twitter handle for tonight's game.
- This is, of course, for recreational purposes only, but OddsShark, which compiles quite a bit of information on the various betting sites, notes that the line opened up with TCU favored by 6 and now that number is down to 3 at some of the sports books.
- The LAJ has a ton of stuff as well, so make sure and check it out. I'll give you the highlights. The LAJ has a bit about Texas Tech's home field advantage, or lack thereof the past three years, and DT Jackson Richards talks about the fans:
"I hope they get as rowdy as possible," Richards said. "That’s what we’re known for in Lubbock is the rowdy crowd, so I hope they don’t hold anything back. I want to see as many painted faces as I can see. That’s pretty fun."
The LAJ also has a bit about the special teams and Trey Haverty knows things aren't great:
"It’s all right," Haverty said of the coverage aspect. "We haven’t had anything that’s hurt us big-time yet, but there’s things we have to get fixed, stuff we see on film that not everybody sees. There’s definitely a lot of room for improvement."
- The DMN's Chuck Carlton writes about how Texas Tech fans are anxious to see how their team does against TCU. The DMN also has a prediction post.
- FWST has a Q&A with LAJ's Don Williams and they also have an article on QB Trevone Boykin returning to quarterback.
- Our friends at the DT preview tonight's game and DT Kerry Hyder discuss knows that both teams are ready:
"Those guys at TCU, I’m sure they’re getting ready too, but you’ve got to be mentally focused and get your mind right for this game because it’s two days earlier than usual," he said. "But you also have to get in the cold tub and get your body right for this game."
More from Viva The Matadors:
- Blogger Q & A | Frogs 'O War
- Texas Christian v. Texas Tech | Home Game Hotspots
- Iconography | TCU Horned Frogs vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders
- Possible Red Raiders: A Weekly Recruiting Update - 9/10/13
- Pullquotes | Texas Tech HC Kliff Kingsbury; LB Micah Awe & DT Kerry Hyder Talk TCU