I don't have a lot of time this morning and I wasn't even going to post, but we've got a little bit of news. Little bit of news.
News broke last night (I didn't get home until 9:00 pm and I just turned on the TV to watch a little football) that QB Baker Mayfield would start. I don't know if this is really "breaking" news because this has been suspected for a week or so if you've been reading here at VTM.
LINKS | These are your morning links:
- Sources! ESPN has sources! You can also check out the depth chart with the LAJ which lists Mayfield as the starter. Wreck 'Em Baker. I was hoping for a depth chart this week and was going to do a spreadsheet that you could print off, but nothing ever came out. If I can get one done before the end of the day, I'll post it somewhere.
- The DMN writes about how Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury and SMU head coach June Jones are cut from the same coaching cloth
- The LAJ has an article about how today is finally here.
- Wide Right & Natty Lite previews the Big 12 Carmac McCarthy style and Carmac doesn't think all that much of Texas Tech.
- Complex Magazine thinks that Texas Tech has some pretty good little uniforms. Pretty good little uniforms.
- The WSJ did some sort of fantastic graph, ranking teams by how good they are and how much trouble they've been in. They call it the Grid of Shame.
- SB Nation has your week 1 schedule. Me posting this link now isn't very timely since there were many games last night, but human beings need a schedule.
- Yahoo! Sports has an expose (that's right, an expose) on how Oklahoma St. is skirting the rules and holding camps in Texas . . . illegally? What may be a bigger offense is how awful the Yahoo! Sports website looks.